Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses Announce Dublin & Belfast Dates

Options
  • 04-06-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Guns N'Roses
    The Odyssey Arena, Belfast
    31 August, 2010

The O2, Dublin
    01 September, 2010

Tickets on sale Friday 11 June at 9.00am
    http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=5747138&ar=gunsnroses

no word on ticket prices yet but if they're not extortionate I'll probably head along to this
    ...thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Thanks for the information, tickets are priced between 65 and 70 Euro

Mods should shut down this thread now because there are already two threads in the Gig Forum mentioning this specific concert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

More like the Axl Rose Experience, but still worth a punt.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

More like the Axl Rose Experience, but still worth a punt.:)

Axl Rose's Supreme Experience

ARSE for short ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

If i had to choose, i think the Slash gig would be my #1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Yay! I thought (fake!) G n R was deadly in RDS 2006. Axl was brilliant! He worked the crowd really well, even came down to slap hands with them. I got a good chance to sing til my voice went and jump around to all the hits. Very high energy concert! Looking forward to this! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

If i had to choose, i think the Slash gig would be my #1.

Same here. Poor ol' Axl is just a parody these days. Who's the support band btw??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Reckon tickets will go pretty fast so i'd say it's best to get in there as quick as possible if you want a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If anyone is an o2 customer and are not using ur prioty ticket code for this concert could they please provide me with it.

Need to buy 4 and ima bit paranoid that they will all sell really fast on friday morning.

BTW im not an o2 customer and nobody in my family is.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If anyone is an o2 customer and are not using ur prioty ticket code for this concert could they please provide me with it.

Need to buy 4 and ima bit paranoid that they will all sell really fast on friday morning.

BTW im not an o2 customer and nobody in my family is.

I'm not either, hold on, I'm confused about this

Does this mean the code is Individual or is there not just a generic password that can be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

As an o2 customer, you text roses to 50210 and you are then sent a unique password,then you can buy up to 4 tickets when the presale starts

http://blueroom.o2online.ie/Gig-and-Ticket-Guide/Events/GUNS-N%e2%80%99-ROSES.aspx

I don't seeing this concert selling out at all to be honest ,not as fast as a miley cirus concert anyways:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

hi, i'm guessing this tour/gig is just axel rose and band and NOT the original GNR group??? Anyone seen them before? Are they worth going to? My brothers love GNR and one of my sis in laws is considering getting tickets for them and just wondering would they enjoy it even tho its not the original GNR????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I saw them a few years ago on Graspop, it sucked hairy balls.
    The problem is that the line up changes frequently and that Axl still thinks he's the big mega-star he used to be, comes late all the time, doesn't give a sh*t,...

kassie wrote: »
    hi, i'm guessing this tour/gig is just axel rose and band and NOT the original GNR group??? Anyone seen them before? Are they worth going to? My brothers love GNR and one of my sis in laws is considering getting tickets for them and just wondering would they enjoy it even tho its not the original GNR????

On balance of the above poster, I would recommend this new line up, I have seen them twice already and plan on seeing them twice this year....so far...but I have to say that as a classic GNR fan, an Axl Rose fan and someone with an appreciation for various styles of music - this new project succeeds on so many levels.

It's a massive, honest, rock show - with pyro's and stadium rock songs - and features the classics as well as GNR's more recent material (if you haven't heard Chinese Democracy then I recommend you purchase a copy before this concert)

On balance of the above poster, I would recommend this new line up, I have seen them twice already and plan on seeing them twice this year....so far...but I have to say that as a classic GNR fan, an Axl Rose fan and someone with an appreciation for various styles of music - this new project succeeds on so many levels.

It's a massive, honest, rock show - with pyro's and stadium rock songs - and features the classics as well as GNR's more recent material (if you haven't heard Chinese Democracy then I recommend you purchase a copy before this concert)

Don't. It's a very poor album. Only a couple of the songs on it are half decent. Can't believe it took the guy so long to get his s**t together!? I for one won't be going to this. Don't want to witness Axl on another ego trip.

Don't. It's a very poor album. Only a couple of the songs on it are half decent. Can't believe it took the guy so long to get his s**t together!? I for one won't be going to this. Don't want to witness Axl on another ego trip.

Brilliant. More tickets for me.

That's your opinion, but I still recommend getting the album to familiarise yourself with the newer material, they play almost the entire album as part of their set

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Tbh i lost interest after his remarks about Slash. This quote made me lose respect for the guy altogether: "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided - and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

No point in running around all the rock forums like a little keyboard warrior but what i can do is not hand over my hard earned cash to him.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Tbh i lost interest after his remarks about Slash. This quote made me lose respect for the guy altogether: "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided - and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

No point in running around all the rock forums like a little keyboard warrior but what i can do is not hand over my hard earned cash to him.

Same here. He should've put the band to rest after the UYI tour, and released CD as a solo artist - not GnR.

Is it only going to be Chinese Demoracy songs. Or will they have time for some old classics? They CANNOT do a show without playing Don't Cry, November Rain and Sweet Child O Mine.

Also what's the odds of Axel Rose pulling one of his trademark tantrums and walking off stage for something small and trivial.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Is it only going to be Chinese Demoracy songs. Or will they have time for some old classics? They CANNOT do a show without playing Don't Cry, November Rain and Sweet Child O Mine.

Also what's the odds of Axel Rose pulling one of his trademark tantrums and walking off stage for something small and trivial.

Of course they'll play the old songs. They have to. And God only knows whether or not Axl will throw a strop??? He seemed to be well behaved at the gig in the RDS in 2006?

Riddle101 wrote: »
    They CANNOT do a show without playing Don't Cry, November Rain and Sweet Child O Mine.

They didn't play Don't Cry at all between 2000 and 2005, they started performing it again in 2006 as a Bumblefoot solo because Ron wanted to play it and loved the song so such

In 2007, in Japan, they did a one off performance with vocals...this turned into what has become known as the Don't Cry 2009 remix...a solo to start and Axl comes in late with the last bridge and verse

This is, sadly, the nearest you will get to 'Don't Cry' - but it's better than nothing

• Advertisement

They didn't play Don't Cry at all between 2000 and 2005, they started performing it again in 2006 as a Bumblefoot solo because Ron wanted to play it and loved the song so such

In 2007, in Japan, they did a one off performance with vocals...this turned into what has become known as the Don't Cry 2009 remix...a solo to start and Axl comes in late with the last bridge and verse

This is, sadly, the nearest you will get to 'Don't Cry' - but it's better than nothing

Damn, I'm really losing my nerve with Axl, it's like he wants me to hate him or something. I just hope he does perform it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

i cant wait to see this show. i love all things guns n roses. new and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very nervous about the ticket sale in the morning. Will it sell out fast.

Yeah me too, i've been anticipating that tickets will sell real quickly, but who knows.

I think that it will sell out 60% tomorrow at most, but I would be surprised if it was a full set out, none of their other European dates have been so far...despite any hype about them

really hope these don't sell out before next Tuesday. If they don't I'll get one then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

there's an entire page of ad in the papers, a trendy new skull adorned with roses i think it'll draw a lot of casuals/plastics who aren't even aware the slash left nevermind everyone else, well as a plethora of spanish students so it could sell out but i doubt

- n seeing that ad it dawned on me how regular peeps will think 'oh, those guys are still together, n how theyre very much not. so yeah its wrong. should be Axl Rose n Co

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

There are still standing tickets available.

This may well be a slow seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Its selling pretty good though ,best seated availble are BLOCK N on the top level.-If Axl was to get photographed in a bust up with a famous rapper tonight-it would sell out alot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chris1966

This is NOT GnR it's the Axel Rose GnR tribute band! He's probably the biggest k**bhead in music!

• Advertisement

Chris1966 wrote: »
    This is NOT GnR it's the Axel Rose GnR tribute band! He's probably the biggest k**bhead in music!

Yeah, sure he is :rolleyes:

Please stop trolling this thread

Advertisement