Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses Announce Dublin & Belfast Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Brilliant. More tickets for me.

That's your opinion, but I still recommend getting the album to familiarise yourself with the newer material, they play almost the entire album as part of their set

I have the album. It's poor. Only about 3 or 4 listenable songs on it. The rest is awful.

Songs I like on it are: Better, This I Love, Catcher In The Rye & Street Of Dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

I have the album. It's poor. Only about 3 or 4 listenable songs on it. The rest is awful.

Songs I like on it are: Better, This I Love, Catcher In The Rye & Street Of Dreams.

Everybody knows that you don't like the album,you already pointed that out on the first page of this thread and on various other threads...No need to keep reminding us.

sxt wrote: »
    Everybody knows that you don't like the album,you already pointed that out on the first page of this thread and on various other threads...No need to keep reminding us.

I was replying to Motley Crue's post, which I quoted. Not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Chris1966 wrote: »
    This is NOT GnR it's the Axel Rose GnR tribute band! He's probably the biggest k**bhead in music!

Can someone ban this guy?

I mean, if I showed up on other threads shouting my mouth off about Pearl Jam or Paul McCartney for absolutely no reason just because I didn't like them - then I'd be told to shut up or be banned, so what's going on, this is just another troll from someone:mad:

Why is Guns N' Roses the only band subjected to this on this thread on a daily basis

And look at this...
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/music-news/2010/07/04/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-wowed-scots-fans-but-reveals-fear-of-singing-86908-22381500/

A recent review of the Edinburgh Slash concert where they announce he is a member of Guns N' Roses. I mean, what the ****? Why is this information still floating around. Does nobody have the Internet. Can they not check Wikipedia or YouTube or something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

And look at this...
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/music-news/2010/07/04/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-wowed-scots-fans-but-reveals-fear-of-singing-86908-22381500/

A recent review of the Edinburgh Slash concert where they announce he is a member of Guns N' Roses. I mean, what the ****? Why is this information still floating around. Does nobody have the Internet. Can they not check Wikipedia or YouTube or something

That's just the paper going with an attention grabbing headline. People Googling GN'R or Slash will turn this up and the papers site gets more hits. They do explain his career in a brief synopsis at the bottom of the article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Chris1966

Can someone ban this guy?

I mean, if I showed up on other threads shouting my mouth off about Pearl Jam or Paul McCartney for absolutely no reason just because I didn't like them - then I'd be told to shut up or be banned, so what's going on, this is just another troll from someone:mad:

Why is Guns N' Roses the only band subjected to this on this thread on a daily basis

And look at this...

Ban me? Why, for stating an opinion? & anyway why are you still ranting about my post two weeks later? Not everyone likes the same bands, I'm sure there are bands I listen to that you probably don't like, & vice versa, but calling for someone to be banned for giving a bit of stick to one of them is a joke.

Chris1966 wrote: »
    I'm sure there are bands I listen to that you probably don't like, & vice versa, but calling for someone to be banned for giving a bit of stick to one of them is a joke.

I'm not talking about giving stick to a band, I'm talking about verbally attacking Axl Rose in a thread that's meant to celebrate the fact he's coming to play a concert here. I don't honestly understand why people come here and spread hate.

I don't like Paul McCartney. I'm a John Lennon fan. But I would NEVER EVER go into a thread and attack him because that's just spiteful

In mean, yes, I don't like certain bands - and I'm sure you like a few I don't like - but I would never go into a thread and just go 'x band sucks' - I mean, come on, that's not on. And GNR seem to get the worst of that abuse here every-time a thread is made up about them

Maybe it's wrong to ban you, but could you not vent your anger somewhere else please

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chris1966

I'm not talking about giving stick to a band, I'm talking about verbally attacking Axl Rose in a thread that's meant to celebrate the fact he's coming to play a concert here. I don't honestly understand why people come here and spread hate.

I don't like Paul McCartney. I'm a John Lennon fan. But I would NEVER EVER go into a thread and attack him because that's just spiteful

In mean, yes, I don't like certain bands - and I'm sure you like a few I don't like - but I would never go into a thread and just go 'x band sucks' - I mean, come on, that's not on. And GNR seem to get the worst of that abuse here every-time a thread is made up about them

Maybe it's wrong to ban you, but could you not vent your anger somewhere else please

Well then, & I'm not being smart here, like me, maybe you should think before you post asking for bans to be handed out. I'll rephrase my original post: I don't like Axel Rose, but to those who do enjoy the show, just not my cupan tae!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 shoeaddict27

i can't wait to go. I do agree that the band aren't guns n' roses anymore.. more like the guns n' roses tribute band sometimes fronted by axl rose :D

still i was too young to catch them in slane in 1992 but the band has had some great anthems and axl is a legend. I can't wait to see him, he gets some amount of slack but the man really has charisma, nobody can argue with that.

i saw slash in vicar street last week and it was one of the best gigs i've been to. now i know you can't compare the two acts but still its really gotten me excited to see gnr! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

Tommy Stinson's in GNR !?!?? :eek: :(
    Whyyyyyyyy.....

• Advertisement

Tommy Stinson's in GNR !?!?? :eek: :(

He's been with them since around 1998, but he's actually not a very nice person, and I'm lead to believe he's a bit of a pre-Madonna....

But yes, he's in there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Not to far away now and with Friday night coming up the old hearing is going to take a bashing. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Danko Jones are supporting in Dublin and Belfast.

Danko Jones are supporting in Dublin and Belfast.

No surprise there. But I've never seen them, and look forward to it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i was wishing for Theory Of A Deadman to support but must start listening to Danko Jones now

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

I have seen Danko Jones a good few times and are a good live act.

Nothing earth shattering but good honest rock music from the Manko Kid...

Check out their last video cant think of the name of it, lemmy and a few more are in it. Ralph Machiao(karate kid) is in their new one out in a few weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Anyone know what time G n R will be on stage?! Doors at 6:30 and then support act plays. I was thinking maybe they'd be on at 8:15? I have to go to an anniversary mass at 7:00 across the city. Hope I can be in time for the show...Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anyone know what time G n R will be on stage?! Doors at 6:30 and then support act plays. I was thinking maybe they'd be on at 8:15? I have to go to an anniversary mass at 7:00 across the city. Hope I can be in time for the show...Thanks

Whatever time Axl decides he's going on stage ;)

With this new GnR covers band, set timing schedules don't count

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

scudzilla wrote: »
    Whatever time Axl decides he's going on stage ;)

With this new GnR covers band, set timing schedules don't count

LOL! He was on time for RDS show in 2006. So his punctuality record to me is 100%. Can't take any chances...

LOL! He was on time for RDS show in 2006. So his punctuality record to me is 100%. Can't take any chances...

In London in 2006 he left me waiting 90 minutes between the support act and him coming onstage, and I was told I was lucky....in Dublin he was on time....I suspect that he'll have to be finished, or be pressured to finish, by midnight

If we're very lucky, and because he likes the Irish, he might go along with their pressure of performing 9 to 11 (but if anyone can extend the hours of operation it's the 02)

• Advertisement

Oh and to clarify, UK support is Sebastian Bach in October, while our support is Danko Jones....most people already know this, but I'm a bit surprised there's no third support act

k**bhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

"This I Love" from Reading on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Good God , I haven't listened to much G'n'R past "Lies" so I don't know where that song comes from but that sounded like a cross between Meat Loaf and Elton John ... Elton Loaf ... awful sh!t

RayCon wrote: »
    Good God , I haven't listened to much G'n'R past "Lies" so I don't know where that song comes from but that sounded like a cross between Meat Loaf and Elton John ... Elton Loaf ... awful sh!t

Oh behave

and you obviously missed the whole Use Your Illusions two piece so that might have been a bit of a shock for you

Elton John, Meat Loaf, Guns N Roses

Sounds perfect to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Oh behave

and you obviously missed the whole Use Your Illusions two piece so that might have been a bit of a shock for you

Elton John, Meat Loaf, Guns N Roses

Sounds perfect to me

Great, glad you enjoy it ... Im glad I didn't pay them much attention past Lies ... so we're both happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

whats the story with the slash lookalike eh.lol is dj asba? gibson guitar, fag in mouth and a hat. are they taking the piss?!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Whiplash wrote: »
    whats the story with the slash lookalike eh.lol is dj asba? gibson guitar, fag in mouth and a hat. are they taking the piss?!

He's looks like a bit of a knob all right but he is actually a VERY solid axe man. All in all I am really looking forward to this gig. I'm too young to have ever witnessed them in their prime so seeing them tomorrow will be a really big deal to me even though its NEW Gn'R. I'm lucky in a way that I'm a HUGE fan of Chinese Democracy, as much I am their classic stuff. I cannot wait!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

it will be a good experience. if they manage to make it on time!

Advertisement