Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses Announce Dublin & Belfast Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

any reports from last nights belfast gig? interested to see what people think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

from what I've heard....

Danko Jones finished at 9:00pm (75min set) and Guns came on at 9:50 - played till 12:10am........differing opinions as to how good it was - from average to a great night......

really can't see the O2 accomodating them here or in London for overruns in sets, so with a bit of luck they'll get on in Dublin on time and we'll get a full/almost full set........though they did turn the house lights on for Pearl Jam in Belfast too at 11ish, so I don't know why they let Axl continue....

i work(ed) in the point and apparantly the curfew is a strict 11pm.... hence why most bands finish at half 10/ quarter to 11....to not get a massive fine.....this should be interesting to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

i work(ed) in the point and apparantly the curfew is a strict 11pm.... hence why most bands finish at half 10/ quarter to 11....to not get a massive fine.....this should be interesting to say the least!

Interesting is right.... I have to drive back to Galway after the gig!

Should be a bit of a laugh anyway, wonder will he play some of the older stuff?

Toplink wrote: »

Definitely Toplink........they always play a few off Appetite....

• Advertisement

Toplink wrote: »

that'll be a fun drive!! :p

they will play mostly old stuff judging by recent setlists, in a 2-3 hour set they are only playing on average of 3 or 4 off the new album!

that'll be a fun drive!! :p

they will play mostly old stuff judging by recent setlists, in a 2-3 hour set they are only playing on average of 3 or 4 off the new album!

oddly enough MCD haven't posted the times for tonight.......certainly not in an update....they mightn't mean too much - but would be nice to see what they have worked out with the O2....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

he should be touring under the name Gunless Rose.. or something - peeps keep referring to 'they' and the adverts are misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Axl Rose was a no show tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I hear he still hasn't come on stage yet, people are starting to leave.

Anyone shocked ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

One person mentions "Finally some action." a few mins ago.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Seems he started, and stopped due to bottle throwing... wow, that worked out handy for him.

Tweets:
    adambermingham Incessant booing at gnr gig. Axl warns crowd one more bottle thrown and he's gone after stopping welcome to the jungle.
    IrishCrunch Axl stops show in Dublin due to bottle throwing #gnr

EDIT: Not really sure if show has stopped permanently, or just for a short while so Axl could give out about the booing.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭steod

They are only coming on stage now ? This will be interesting with the 02 11pm curfew....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Didn't even make it to 11pm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

EvanOLaoirezzz RT @uneamino: ****, Guns'n'Roses just played for 22 minutes and said goodnight. Insanity. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

He came out on stage at 10.35pm. People were booing. He stopped mid first song and warned the people they would be walking off if the booing continued. The booing then stopped. He played four songs and then walked off. Apparently the band gets paid if they play for 20 minutes. I hope he chokes on his money. He's a washed-up disrespectful pr1ck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

This is hilarious! Can't wait for the sh*t storm of giving out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Mate of mine rang me 20 minutes ago. Band came on around 22.20,played a few tunes,Axl got the hump over booing and mic trouble and stormed off. Hadn't re-appeared by the time he rang and said loads were walking out and the atmosphere was in his words "hostile". No idea if he came back on as he was out of credit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

More on it here too.

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42815&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

OH and her mate are at this, well p*ssed off.

So, what dya think the backlash is going to be? A simple MCD apology or refund (yeah right!).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

back on stage apparently:

according to twitter
    @eimearmccormack: Guns and Roses are back on stage! #o2Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah texting my friend whos there, back on according to her. Half the crowd gone though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Apparently the band gets paid if they play for 20 minutes.

well if it turns out they get real paid it sounds like a smash n grab. edit: back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Mate at the gig texted to say they were back on stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

chin_grin wrote: »
    More on it here too.

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42815&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

OH and her mate are at this, well p*ssed off.

So, what dya think the backlash is going to be? A simple MCD apology or refund (yeah right!).

In fairness it's not MCD's fault. The blame is squarely on the bands,actually Axls shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

to start playing at 1030pm shows a complete lack of respect for your fans. was driving by the o2 at 12 noon today and there were kids hanging around for the gig. feel for these people. im sure the people who were booing etc knew that the o2 has a 11pm curfew and they were not going to get value for money. complete mess as usual when axl is in town.
    glad i stayed at home plus payed my money to see slash at the download festivel instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Heard on FB from someone at the gig that plastic bottles were thrown at thed band?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Please god someone captured it on their mobile and will post it to YouTube tomorrow !

it was just another axl tantrum. what were the chances.. oh, about 90% :rolleyes:

it'll go down as a great night of rock n roll antics, or something. granted they get to play long enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

He's back on now.

I wonder what implication this has for those who will apply for refunds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Guns n Roses ceased to exist after the mid 1990s.

Advertisement