Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses Announce Dublin & Belfast Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

And to think I didn't take a ticket my friend was offering me cause I was in work until 8.15pm and didn't think I'd get down there in time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

if your two hours late on stage and people are drinking, items will be thrown on stage. not saying its right but its going to happen.
    going to gigs the last 15years and never witnessed any band threat its
    fans the way axl does.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The Biohazard gig at the Tivoli in '93 beats Axl. 3 songs,a mini riot and end of show!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

lord lucan wrote: »
    The Biohazard gig at the Tivoli in '93 beats Axl. 3 songs,a mini riot and end of show!:D
    I remember that one! Mental night

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

chin_grin wrote: »
    So, what dya think the backlash is going to be? A simple MCD apology or refund (yeah right!).
    GnR fans definitley won't be treated in the same manner as Streisand fans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

was at this too, giving the crewcut guitarist some severe stick :o bless im.. looked like he fell off the back of a humvee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Star Bingo wrote: »
    was at this too, giving the crewcut guitarist some severe stick :o bless im.. looked like he fell off the back of a humvee
    Billy Graziadei, super axeman.

Saw them play again in the Point just after 9/11

That was some craic. I just walked back to the sound desk and watched it all unfold whilst having a smoke. Some laugh and never even thought of looking for a refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blarney_army

Great nite saw them at donnington the day after as well

Great nite saw them at donnington the day after as well

Didn't something kick off with them there too? Seem to remember something on MTV News back in the day.

• Advertisement

Check out the GN'R thread in Gigs & Events if you get a chance,priceless!:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055930369

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blarney_army

Didn't something kick off with them there too? Seem to remember something on MTV News back in the day.

Dont remember anything, getting old now :(

Dont remember anything, getting old now :(

I'm getting old too,it was 1994! Here's what wiki says about their Donnington appearance in '94.

"After just performing two songs, Biohazard were ejected from the second stage by the festival organisers for allowing a crowd invasion on stage, they then proceeded to vent their frustration by smashing up their dressing room and were removed from the venue as a result. The band would be allowed to perform again two years later on the Main Stage with the obligatory tighter security."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Axl is a diva, funnily enough someone at work asked me if I was going, I said no not only cos I'm skint but because the chances of Axl being a bollox are too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Did Evan Seinfeld throw a wobbler ?

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Did Evan Seinfeld throw a wobbler ?

My rather vague memory of it was that Seinfeld(i think!) objected to the way security were handling the kids at the rail,pulling them by the hair and the like and started roaring at security to relax. They kept it up and he lost it with the security guy which resulted in a mill-in between band and security quickly followed by half the crowd!

someone claimed an actual glass bottle there but it was dismissed.. thats the only thing to justify the halt but i doubt there was one

if they're only wrapping up around now i think it sounded like a good night. provoked crowd = good but still i wouldn't fund the wallet of a guy that actually expects to breach curfews on such a large scale. that stuff's costly.. well it is here anyhow

someone claimed an actual glass bottle there but it was dismissed.. thats the only thing to justify the halt but i doubt there was one

if they're only wrapping up around now i think it sounded like a good night. provoked crowd = good but still i wouldn't fund the wallet of a guy that actually expects to breach curfews on such a large scale. that stuff's costly.. well it is here anyhow

I'd say the curfew fine was waived just to get him back on stage tbh. Also gets MCD out of a hole despite many leaving and not being able to get back in!

yeah makes sense.. what power that man has :eek: only adds to the ego though :( reckon they'd almost expected it too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'd say the curfew fine was waived just to get him back on stage tbh. Also gets MCD out of a hole despite many leaving and not being able to get back in!

BULL****!

They need to issue refunds, 1am is TOO LATE for a gig to be going on until, especially when doors opened at 6.30pm and there was only one support act

AND WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT - Danko Jones played 1 hour and 20 minutes, what the ****? What support band plays that long unless there is a problem

• Advertisement

BULL****!

They need to issue refunds, 1am is TOO LATE for a gig to be going on until, especially when doors opened at 6.30pm and there was only one support act

AND WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT - Danko Jones played 1 hour and 20 minutes, what the ****? What support band plays that long unless there is a problem

I'd love to see everyone that had to put up with that **** get a refund but sadly i don't see this happening. I can see a "GN'R performed a full set so have fulfilled their contractual obligations" type statement coming from MCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Axl either wasn't there or wasnt arsed goin on so the support had to stall for time, so the wait for gnr to come on wouldnt have been ricocukously excessive!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭madyoke2009

30 mins after the band went off stage the Garda and security told people to leave the concert was over, the lights were turned on, and we were all asked to leave.

The 02 security staff told us the venue was closed and the concert was over.

We hung around outside and the concert did restart after a further 20 mins, when we tried to regain entry we were refused, even though we had tickets.

Ticketmaster are telling everyone to contact MCD, but MCD have not updated their website and dont have any contact details.

Looks like you'll have to contact your credit card provider and get them to fight your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Axl either wasn't there or wasnt arsed goin on so the support had to stall for time, so the wait for gnr to come on wouldnt have been ricocukously excessive!

the wait was already absurdly long

oh agreed but if they didnt push the support to do more it would have been so much worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

A friend of mine was on the catering team last night and said axl was in the venue at 7.30 yesterday before the gig no excuse for comin on late...people who know me on here know im huge AXL/GNR fan but after last night and his hissy ****ing fit for the second half of the gig standing still doin **** all i would have prefered him to just have stayed off the stage rather than just mailing in the perfomance total total lack of respect for the fans who stood around all day and lest we forget who put him on the stage in the first place..

oh agreed but if they didnt push the support to do more it would have been so much worse!
    FYI http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67798763&postcount=112

kbannon wrote: »

exactly what i thought.....people payed for a performance, got a performance hence no refunds!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

From MCD.ie
    Statement issued by Promoters MCD & the management of The O2 regarding the Guns N' Roses concert at The 02, Dublin, Wednesday 1st September 2010.

Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

During the second song Axl requested members of crowd who were throwing plastic glass's containing unknown substances to immediately stop or he would have no option but to leave the stage. He confirmed band's wish to perform stating "we want to stay..one more bottle and we go home". Despite his continued appeals, having tried to continue performing for 22 minutes,
    people continued throwing unknown substances leaving artist with no choice but to leave the stage.

From the stage MCD Promoter Denis Desmond again appealed to audience to refrain from throwing items and stated that the band would be back on stage shortly.

The artist was prevented from leaving the venue by the Promoter and following backstage discussions Guns N' Roses went back on stage at 23.20 hrs and performed their full set until 00.53 hrs.

While the artist has a long history for being late on stage (Slane 1992 - crowd waiting 2 hours and last weekend's UK Reading festival), NO artist should be subjected to missiles and unknown substances being thrown at them. However, despite this the band went back on stage after people stopped throwing items performing their full set of songs in full.

MCD and The 02 wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to late running of the show.

Advertisement