Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses Announce Dublin & Belfast Dates

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

they're covering their asses - ye cant blame em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

From MCD.ie

From the stage MCD Promoter Denis Desmond again appealed to audience to refrain from throwing items and stated that the band would be back on stage shortly.

I heard on a video recorded at the O2 last night that they were "trying hard to get Axl to come back on stage". That's a bit different to what MCD are saying in their statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chris1966

I posted a while back on this thread that Axel's probably the biggest k**bhead in rock, & I was given some stick for saying it. Well, by all accounts I believe my point was proven last night! He has proven himself to be the biggest fool in Metal, & I certainly don't blame anyone throwing a plastic bottle or two onstage, especially after waiting an hour & a half. He's a prima donna of the highest order, who's a shadow of his former self, he looks more like Mick Hucknall that Axel Rose! Maybe he can start a Simply Red tribute band to go with the GnR tribute band he has already!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

exactly what i thought.....people payed for a performance, got a performance hence no refunds!

In fairness, they got more than a performance...they got a nice interlude and a hissy fit that would befit Hollywoods biggest drama queen.

If anything the fans need to cough up extra.

Everything MCD touches turns out horrible. I'm not defending Axl here, but the security at the front should've got hold of the idiots who threw the bottles and threw em out.

Also, I know people won't like me saying this, but I think searches need to be brought back into action at concerts to stop this kind of **** happening. If, like me, you think Axl is past it, those who threw the bottles could've simply decided to keep their money in their pockets, and stay at home.

Axl is notorious for this kind of thing, these fools are just feeding his ego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I doubht people smuggled bottles into the arena.
    I'd wager that they were bought there.

Total waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭madyoke2009

contacted Ticketmaster, MCD and Credit card company.

MCD are requesting that people send the letters in writing requesting a refund to:

MCD
    7 Park Road
    Dun Laoghaire
    Co. Dublin

Ticketmaster - nothing to do with them contact MCD, as the concert went ahead, despite the fact 02 staff told people to leave before it was over.

Contacted credit card company, said to follow instructions from MCD, if no joy contact them back and they'll help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A rather peculiar phenomenon seems to have started lately at gigs here were people throw cups of beer around the place. I don't know where they're getting the money but the amount of people at RATM in May that were throwing €6 pints around like it was water was unreal. Typically irish,we drink our drink during the good times and throw it around in the middle of a recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I am contacting you, once again, to complain about my outrage regarding the Guns N Roses Dublin concert in the 02 Arena last night.

whether or not we should have expected them to come on late there was still no excuse for the frontman's behavior - and most fans who attended the concert last night were robbed of their hard earned money because they had no choice but to leave early.

Your statement is unacceptable and this matter deserves to be resolved.

If I had personally gotten an hour's worth of entertainment and then left because I had to get the last LUAS I might have even let them away with it.

But the fact I had to endure an absurd waiting time, which the promoters themselves admit was much later then normal, and then we got about 22 minutes of performing before the band walked off. And even when he came back it was obvious he didn't want to be there. An absurd show and I will not be blamed personally for throwing bottles at him when I did nothing of the sort.

I will be contacting Trading Standards about this matter.

• Advertisement

Ah come on?? It's hardly MCDs fault that Axl is a total pr!ck??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

who here would throw a plastic cup of supposedly beer at him? n who'd put up with it here, cos i wouldn't tolerate it having just spent probably an hour trying to settle on which lavish garment matches which for a big city night in a shiny new venue. then having to decide on a hat ffs; you guys crazy?!! the O2's not a slophouse, G 'n R 2010 is not nearly pub-rock. also who expected a wildman in spandex bicycle shorts to come tearing out at 9:30? one of the many ill-informed irate short back n side casuals the typical Point show attracts who were peeved they hadn't heard sweet 'choild o mine' n 'paradise city' by then n weren't leaving for home already maybe.. or jerkazoid n his gf who had to be in the office early next morning cos you pay your money, you take your chances with when that fella comes on. its always been that way.

the show was due to wrap up just after 12, big deal. he is rock's equivalent of Michael Jackson and they hurt his delicate soul by directing boo's, insults and liquids. that's the price of superstardom, you become full of it n you're no longer performing to a certain sect you attract large throngs of all the wrong people. the possible consequences of Axl Rose appearances are well known, but clearly unbeknown to many in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

I paid nearly 300 euros(transport/ticket/hotel etc) for 4 songs,I too had been instructed to leave by 02 staff.I'm not agreeing with the throwing bottles part but people were understandably upset and I think it wasn't just because he was 90 mins late taking to the stage-people didn't know if he was going to turn up at all especially after the English debacle!!If he'd apologised as soon as he came on it might have been a v different outcome.He also only came back onstage when it was pointed out that he be liable for all refunds paid out by MCD if he didn't,Axl's all about the $$$'s not the music and definately not his fans!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

I paid nearly 300 euros(transport/ticket/hotel etc) for 4 songs,I too had been instructed to leave by 02 staff.I not agreeing with the throwing bottles part but people were understandably upset and I think it wasn't just because he was 90 mins late taking to the stage-people didn't know if he was going to turn up at all especially after the English debacle!!If he'd apologised as soon as he can on it might have been a v different outcome.He also only came back onstage when it was pointed out that he be liable for all refunds paid out by MCD if he didn't,Axl's all about the $$$'s not the music and definately not his fans!!:mad:

I think you've hit the nail on the head. He didn't want to come back on, but MCD would have been in breach of contract (they may still be in breach anyway) if he hadn't come back on. I guess MCD threatened to sue him if he didn't go back on.

I wasn't there, but I go to a lot of gigs and I would have booed anyone who treated me with such contempt. Travelling home late takes longer and is more expensive.

If this happened to me, I would be straight on to my credit card company. Even if it doesn't result in a refund (I hope it does) MCD will probably feel some heat from the credit card companies. At the very least, MCD may come to realise that they have a duty to their customers to insist on a professional performance from overpaid clowns like Axl Rose. A clause in the contract like "we're not paying you unless you're on by 9 and finished at 11" would have worked wonders.

I'd reckon that clause was in the contract, but Mr(s) Rose decided to ignore it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ah come on?? It's hardly MCDs fault that Axl is a total pr!ck??
    True, but they did book him and gladly take peoples money to see him!
    Did they pre-warn people that what they were paying to see wouldn't start until about the same time that many other concerts would be ending?
    If they want to ensure that nbobody throws (what I would presume are plastic) bottles towards the stage, then maybe they should book a venue that doesn't sell them.
    I will be contacting Trading Standards about this matter.
    Do we have a trading standards office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I paid nearly 300 euros(transport/ticket/hotel etc) for 4 songs,I too had been instructed to leave by 02 staff.I'm not agreeing with the throwing bottles part but people were understandably upset and I think it wasn't just because he was 90 mins late taking to the stage-people didn't know if he was going to turn up at all especially after the English debacle!!If he'd apologised as soon as he came on it might have been a v different outcome.He also only came back onstage when it was pointed out that he be liable for all refunds paid out by MCD if he didn't,Axl's all about the $$$'s not the music and definately not his fans!!:mad:

Doesnt that make them libel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GinaLisa

it was a terrible eve! wasted 155€. :mad:

should've stayed in bed with my bf!!!!
    Axl's time is over!

just my point of view.

Advertisement