Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import of rifle stock from the US

Options
  • 04-06-2010 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Hi has anyone any experience with imports of rifle stocks from the US.
    Do you need a import lisence for it?And do you have to pay VAT duty etc.
    Any advice with be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

VAT CCT yes, Postage YES
    Licence no.
    There are a few guys in the country retailers fotr stocks PM if you need some more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jingojonson

Hi there can you send me details please. I'm looking for a ruger
    10 22 stock from US but none of the websites will post

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭seoirse1980

Try myusabox.com to get your stock sent to a us p.o box and repackaged before being sent on to here. It works out quite cheap. I ordered my stock from stockys stocks and found them to me very good quality and reasonably priced. You can buy them pillared and bedded from them also.

Seoirse

Try myusabox.com to get your stock sent to a us p.o box and repackaged before being sent on to here. It works out quite cheap. I ordered my stock from stockys stocks and found them to me very good quality and reasonably priced. You can buy them pillared and bedded from them also.

Seoirse

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-108/mcmillan-a5-stock-tactical/Detail

I'm just after seeing they sell a sexy remington Bell and carlson stock
    2010 MSRP & Special Sale Pricing Model MSRP Black Webs Camos
    All Medalist Adjustable Stocks $561.82 $393.27 $407.24 $421.24

The pricesm are quite reasonable in comparison to an AICS.

Thanks for the info. I might look for some more off you by PM later;)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭seoirse1980

can't recommend them highly enough. I rang the customer service to make sure i was getting the right stock and bedding etc. and found them very helpful.

Feel free to pm me

Seoirse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

try this chap

http://rifle-stocks.com/

all stocks ship as wooden sporting goods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Thanks for the advice everyone.
    Got one at pdc custom stocks.Its on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Thanks for the advice everyone.
    Got one at pdc custom stocks.Its on its way.

Are you going to get the barrell-y thing to go in it? : )

tac
    Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

tac foley wrote: »
    Are you going to get the barrell-y thing to go in it? : )

tac

Hi Tac

Yeah wouldn be the same without it lol.Tikka t3 super varmint 6,5x55se stainless steel barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Nice piece Viking, not to ruin the party or anything of the sort but is that type of stock not classed as pistol grip and in the more dangerous bracket:rolleyes: Therefore being restricted. Ps. if not are they available in a short action remmington? Well wear...

• Advertisement

kay 9 wrote: »
    Nice piece Viking, not to ruin the party or anything of the sort but is that type of stock not classed as pistol grip and in the more dangerous bracket:rolleyes: Therefore being restricted. Ps. if not are they available in a short action remmington? Well wear...

I think!! That pistol grip is only for shottys making them restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Dear Mr 9 - Apart from the open field, this so-called Genesis-style stock is VERY popular in .22 target rifle shooting, as well as centre-fire target and bench rest shooting. Of course, in the USA and other places such a stock is becoming more common in law-enforcement as well as in the field. I might even get three or four of them myself, for MY varminters.

I think you'll find that Anschuetz, Walther and Feinwerkbau ALL offer .22 target rifles [and pcp air rifles] with a stock in this style - perhaps slightly more colourful though. So is it the style of stock that is objectionable or the colour? If Mr Viking had ordered it in Day-glo green would that be OK by you? Presumably he wants it for the field, and darker colours seem to me to be a somehwat better plan.

tac, puzzled

kay 9 wrote: »

I think its only shotguns that have a restriction on pistolgrips.And if the boys in blue dont want me to have it,the boys in black will let me have it in Norway lol
    And they do stocks for remington,savage,tikka,lawton etc both long action and short action.

PS they dont ship to Ireland,i used my usabox.com as a third party for shipping it here.

Good luck

I think its only shotguns that have a restriction on pistolgrips.And if the boys in blue dont want me to have it,the boys in black will let me have it in Norway lol
    And they do stocks for remington,savage,tikka,lawton etc both long action and short action.

PS they dont ship to Ireland,i used my usabox.com as a third party for shipping it here.

Good luck

What weight is the stock?

Is it Aluminium?

What weight is the stock?

Is it Aluminium?

Details:
    - Accepts Accuracy International (AICS) 5 or 10 round magazine.
    - Glass bedding not required due to a 12 point contact design the receiver fits into.
    - Pull length adjustment 12 3/4" to 14 5/8" on butt stock
    - Stock Weight 5 Pounds
    - Adjustable in height and reversible cheek piece
    - Machined out of 6061 Aluminum Solid Bar Stock
    - Designed & MADE in USA

And here is the man to ask if you have any questions.

Craig Kierstead (craig@pdccustom.com)

Comes standard with:
    - Receiver mounting bolts
    - F325 Pachmayr Recoil Pad 1" Deluxe
    - AR-15 Panther Tactical Palm Grip
    - Comes standard textured black color
    - Custom colors (Extra $20.00)
    - All fasteners are Stainless Steel
    - Sandbag Skie
    - Harris Adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

tac foley wrote: »
    Dear Mr 9 - Apart from the open field, this so-called Genesis-style stock is VERY popular in .22 target rifle shooting, as well as centre-fire target and bench rest shooting. Of course, in the USA and other places such a stock is becoming more common in law-enforcement as well as in the field. I might even get three or four of them myself, for MY varminters.

I think you'll find that Anschuetz, Walther and Feinwerkbau ALL offer .22 target rifles [and pcp air rifles] with a stock in this style - perhaps slightly more colourful though. So is it the style of stock that is objectionable or the colour? If Mr Viking had ordered it in Day-glo green would that be OK by you? Presumably he wants it for the field, and darker colours seem to me to be a somehwat better plan.

tac, puzzled
    Thanks for the clarification Tac. Ps. who said I was Mr?:p Spot on though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martinhel

Seoirse
    Hi Seoirse1980.I'm from Italy i'm iterested in mailing with you on the argument above.If it's possible send me a message in this forum possibly with your address.
    Thank you for now
    martinhel

Advertisement