Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband 3mb gone down to 512/256 (kbps)

• 04-06-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Just checked my line speed today and noticed my Eircom Broadband speed has changed from 3 mb to 512/256 (kbps) has anybody else had this problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

2.41 down (2.47) - .26 (.32) up

but it goes up and down and I think they are capping it a bit because of going a wee bit over the download limit.

razor_ryan wrote: »
    Just checked my line speed today and noticed my Eircom Broadband speed has changed from 3 mb to 512/256 (kbps) has anybody else had this problem
    Have you been put on "NGB"?

When I went to NGB my speed went from 7Mb to 6Mb. But was put back after a 5 min phonecall.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

2.41 down (2.47) - .26 (.32) up

but it goes up and down and I think they are capping it a bit because of going a wee bit over the download limit.

No, that's the limit of your line which is a little variable. Nothing to do with limiting or the cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

well i was getting over 3mb before, so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

I was the same. Used to get 3Mbps, but now I only get 720K max. This happened about 6 months ago. Numerous phone calls later the max speed is still 720K. They just tell me my line cant handle it. It used to before.

So then I was thinking of moving to digiweb, but now I see they are sending letters out for people downloading music, so i wont bother with digiweb wither.

• Advertisement

What are you line stats??

Get the line attenuation and the sn margin, if you can from here: http://192.168.1.254

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭razor_ryan

Update
    Yesterday it was 1248 / 256 Kbps
    Today it's showing 1280/256 kbps
    Still nowhere near what it was

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Update
    Yesterday it was 1248 / 256 Kbps
    Today it's showing 1280/256 kbps
    Still nowhere near what it was

We need to see the attenuation and SNR margins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Had a strange one recently where my download speed was cut in half and I was getting frequent disconnect/reconnects.
    In addition phone calls coming in were cutting off after one ring and sometimes not ringing at all.

In the end it turned out that the phone line from the splitter to the router was faulty and must have been damaged somehow. I replaced that and all was fine again.

I don't know if that's your issue but you'll need to trouble shoot everything internal to your setup.

Speed 2048/256
    Line Attenuation 55/31db

My Broadband has been down for 3 Days now am still waiting on Eircom to fix it.

• Advertisement

Speed 2048/256
    Line Attenuation 55/31db

My Broadband has been down for 3 Days now am still waiting on Eircom to fix it.

55dB is poor but good enough for more than 2 meg, closer to 4 at max. What's the SNR like?

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 2048 256

SN Margin (dB) 9.00 12.00

Line Attenuation (dB) 55.00 31.50

CRC Errors 0 1

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 2048 256

SN Margin (dB) 9.00 12.00

Line Attenuation (dB) 55.00 31.50

CRC Errors 0 1

The SNR is okay, not terrible but not great either. Looks like you're on a 2 meg package though.

I'm on the 3mb package thats what I signed up for my speeds started changing last week until Wednesday no broadband since then

I'm on the 3mb package thats what I signed up for my speeds started changing last week until Wednesday no broadband since then

You're not on 3meg, if you were you'd be sync'd at that speed easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Broadband Kid

Ring Eircom technical support ask them to put you out of test mode the same thing happened to me last year they put me down to 2MB when I was supposed to be on 3MB. If you still have a problem ask for their supervisor and if you issue is still not resolved , inform them that you are going to make an official complaint to Comreg.

The Eircom Engineer has replaced the phone socket with the new built in filter type and replaced the router aswell he did something at the pole also well I'm back up and running and it has improved the Line Attenuation 53/31db

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

same as most above. Eircom speed in the last month has gone to the dogs absolutely ridiculously slow and when you complain they can't do anything unless you upgrade.. one of their sales people called me up the other day trying to get me to change to a more expensive phone package for the same benefits though!! Looks like they have priorities a little mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Recently my Eircom broadband has been cutting out quite frequently. Incredibly infuriating when trying to download something.

It couldn't be a fault in the line could it?

Apapaia wrote: »
    Recently my Eircom broadband has been cutting out quite frequently. Incredibly infuriating when trying to download something.

It couldn't be a fault in the line could it?

As before, line stats are needed.

• Advertisement

We've just had some really heavy rain broadband connection was lost but it's back but now Line Attenuation is 61/31 from 53/31

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimax song should be played here ha ha

Advertisement