Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

raingear

• 04-06-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Im getting into cycling just bought a trek 7.5 fx and Im looking for some good quality raingear and cycling shorts ,any ideas welcome .
    cheers.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

I have a brand new Endura rainjacket. Fully waterproof, breathable and taped seams..What size are you? The picture shows orange, my one is red. Wrong size so literally out of the packet.

See link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

XXL, that jacket is cool ,what would you recommend for trousers ?.

cheers,

Bumble B,
    You are in luck. The jacket I have for sale is XXL. Literally straight out of the packet but wrong size for moi! It was originally £70 sterling in Wiggle sale (normally 89.99) so it's yours for €50.

Fully waterproof and breathable and as a lightweight jacket, it folds down to literally nothing!

PM me with your details and we will hook up. Whereabouts are you?

Waterproof trousers wise, I only wear them for golf!! I would have a long pair of windproof tights for the winter and I would wear Skins or a thermal underneath. Otherwise it is the shorts between end March and start November!!!:D

As I said, PM your number and we will arrange hings.

Thanks.

CK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

BumbleB wrote: »
    ,what would you recommend for trousers ?.
    cheers,

I wouldnt, your legs will end up drenched and soggy [not nice] on all but the coldest days, we wear tights :eek: not trousers, no not the ones you get ladders in ;), but special cycling specific ones which breath and keep legs warm, or for cool days we use leg warmers which are detachable while you are out riding [and stopped;)] by pulling them off your legs and you then have instant shorts :)...these are all tight comfortable lycra pieces of kit by the way.

BumbleB..
    Give me a post about the jacket if you are still interested.

Cheers.
    CK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Need to get a light wind/rain proof jacket for commuting over the summer (still waiting on my bike to work voucher, what the hell are Raleigh to Work doing).
    Reason for ultra lightweight is to also be used in Gael Force in August, hopefully just carried and not actually needed.

Reviews of the following look good:
    Montane FeatherLite Velo
    Montane Featherlite Velo H2O

I know the second one is discontinued on CRC, but I can get either on sale from a local shop at similar price to online.

Anyone got one and able to offer an opinion or willing to suggest an alternative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

i thought id need waterproof trousers but ended being a waste of money i just cycle in shorts and its easier too and just towel off in the office when needed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

@Spurscormac.
    I have a Monatane velo and I find it grand. Haven't really used it in very heavy rain but if its p1ssing down you're getting wet whatever you wear I reckon.
    Does a good job as an emergency windproof/showerproof layer.

Arsenalpapac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

This thread was started the day before yesterday when the weather was FINE.

I'm holding the OP personally responsible for today's relentless drizzle.

its starting to clear up down, looking like bank hol monday will be good for a spin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

papac wrote: »
    @Spurscormac.
    I have a Monatane velo and I find it grand. Haven't really used it in very heavy rain but if its p1ssing down you're getting wet whatever you wear I reckon.
    Does a good job as an emergency windproof/showerproof layer.

Arsenalpapac.

Who'd have ever thought I'd thank a Goon :D - but cheers for the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

responsible for today's relentless drizzle.

Are we in the same country-I am burnt through my factor 50.Best day of the year in Cork.

any the joys of the weather of ireland!

Advertisement