Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Prices Undervalued by 12%

• 04-06-2010 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

According to a report in the Herald on Wednesday Standard and Poor stated that the Irish Property Market Correction seems to be OVERDONE and that house prices here are probably undervalued by as much as 12%. Maybe somebody could tell those estate agents out there who really have not got much of an idea on house prices (although they would claim to be valuers and estate agents) I think they value houses on peoples insecurity by telling them little porkies and scaring them into selling at a reduced rate so that they can still get their 1.0% or 1.5% commission. So when you really look at it in the cold light of day the Estate Agents were ripping people off in the boom and now to keep them going they are frightening people into selling in the bust. So when you are selling you house let the agent tell you what your house is worth first before you tell him what you want to achieve/or think that it is worth. This is a tactic which will demonstrate whether or not he/she has your best interests at heart. If he/she says they could get you €250,000 for your house. Tell them that you think it is worth €300,000 (due to its high end decoration and quality materials and fittings, and that would be the minmum you would need to get. You might find that they will make an appointment to return and do some photographs and maybe that is the last that you will see of them. The old story don't waste time on something that you may not sell and not get anything from advertising the sale. When you can get somebody to sell and get what you (i.e. auctioneer) want!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

This is not really the forum to discuss this interesting topic - so thread locked

I refer anyone interested to here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement