Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro SD Cards for GPS Devices

Options
  • 04-06-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hello all,

I have a Garmin eTrex Vista HCX for hiking. It has a 1gb micro sd card at the moment, but Im looking to boost the storage, for a couple of hiking trips abroad this summer.

Can these devices take a Micro SDHC card, (the higher capacity cards)?

Apreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nikon1000

burly wrote: »
    Hello all,

I have a Garmin eTrex Vista HCX for hiking. It has a 1gb micro sd card at the moment, but Im looking to boost the storage, for a couple of hiking trips abroad this summer.

Can these devices take a Micro SDHC card, (the higher capacity cards)?

Apreciate any help.

I had a look at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Garmin/eTrex_Vista_HCx and it seems that if you have firmware v3.0 you should be able to use SDHC cards. You'll need a cable to connect your GPS to the computer if you need to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭burly

Hello all,

just a quick update, I bought a 4gb micro sdhc card, and it worked perfectly with the Garmin eTRex Vista Hcx. Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement