Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing interest / moratoriums on loans

Options
  • 04-06-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Hi i was wondering if BOI offer moratoriums on peronal loan repayments due to being made unemployed? And also if BOI and MBNA offer to freeze interest? Wanted an idea before I start asking/begging/pleading:o

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

As far as I'm aware they will only grant moratoriums on mortgages, and only under certain circumstances. You could ask them to restructure the loan to give you a lower repayment though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The best you can expect is to go interest only on a loan, and even at that you would want to be in dire circumstances. Same with the credit card.

A restructure would be the best option here. If you default then interest stops accruing. Of course by then it's likely that you'll be blacklisted on the ICB. Not the suitation you would want to be in TBH.

Advertisement