Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What date are the results out?

• 04-06-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

The results are out at 3pm this year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

...eek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

2 days to go

gogogogogo :D

results r online now!

• Advertisement

I passed!!

are you able to request a look at your exam paper? flatmate failed a couple and he'd want to hae a look at how he lost marks before the repeats

not sure whats the procedure

Results were published at 12.30pm

If you want to see your script you need to contact the exams office on 0599175178 and ask to make an appointment

If you want a review or recheck of your script call the exams office and they will send you out the appropriate form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

does
    Exemption(s) Granted

mean you passed?

does

mean you passed?

I got that cause i gotta finish work experience first i think, if i dont finish i dont pass my course, even tho i passed all my subjects

• Advertisement

nuxxx wrote: »
    I got that cause i gotta finish work experience first i think, if i dont finish i dont pass my course, even tho i passed all my subjects

thats what my flatmate got as well, so he's not sure what the story is. but he got under 40 in 3 exams, would they really bump him to a pass on that many?

I got 38% on one exam, but they still list me as a 'pass'

thanks for the info mshappy

If you fail what does it say?

You know you log into the examination results, before you click "EXAM RESULTS" theres a link for term explanations such as fail pass etc etc.

Have a look there.

H1 First Class Honours = 70% - 100%
    21 Second Class Honours Grade 1 = 60%- 69%
    22 Second Class Honours Grade 2 = 50% - 59%
    DT Pass with Distinction = 70%-100%
    M1 Pass with Merit Grade 1 = 60% - 69%
    M2 Pass with Merit Grade 2 = 50% - 59%
    PS Pass. All modules have been passed.
    EX Exemption(s) Granted. All subjects have NOT been passed.
    FL Fail - All subjects have been failed.
    AB Absent. Student did not present for examination
    DE Deferral of result(s). Decision on the overall result has been deferred to another exam
    board meeting because of special circumstances.
    WD Withdrew from Course.
    WH Result(s) Withheld. May be for a number of different reasons. Please contact the
    Department Administrator.

Exemptions granted is a bad thing i'm afraid...

It means you have failed one or more subjects. that can be either the CA or final exam.

if you got between 35-39 in a subject you may have been brought up with a compensation mark.

any questions i'm happy to help but it's always best to contact your school office:

Science: 059-9175500
    Business: 059-9175300
    Engineering: 059-9175400

Ms Happy wrote: »
    Exemptions granted is a bad thing i'm afraid...

If someone is on work experience you`ll recieve exemptions granted as the WE is counted as a subject not yet passed.

nuxxx wrote: »
    If someone is on work experience you`ll recieve exemptions granted as the WE is counted as a subject not yet passed.

That's correct ;) I presumed in my last post that anyone on work placement would have been told this by their lecturers/Head of Department :)

But then again.......

Ms Happy wrote: »
    Results were published at 12.30pm

If you want to see your script you need to contact the exams office on 0599175178 and ask to make an appointment

If you want a review or recheck of your script call the exams office and they will send you out the appropriate form.

What's the difference between "review" and "recheck"?

Also, does anyone know how many days the lecturers will be around to talk to students about results?
    I called in today and my lecturers were at some meeting i think

i think a review is where the lecturer goes through it with you and makes sure that the marks were all added up correctly, and a recheck is where an internal lecturer and an external lecturer come in and actually checks that marks were allocated correctly

i was in the exams office today and I think that's how it was explained to me

one of them is 20 euro per exam, the other is 30.. i think rechecking is 30

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Psycopat1

A review is where an internal and external examiner recheck your entire paper to make sure you were given enough marks for each question. This is 30 euro per subject and you will not find out your revised grade until September.

A recheck is where your examiner adds up the marks you got in each section to make sure there are no addition errors. A recheck costs 20 euro for any amount of subjects.

If any changes in mark are made you will be refunded your money.

I got a 2.2 with an average of 57.2% which i was quite unhappy with so i think I will be getting 4 rechecked myself.

• Advertisement

i got 35 in a subject and it says i passed? Whats that about? Did i pass the year? :P someone tell me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

Dboy85 wrote: »
    i got 35 in a subject and it says i passed? Whats that about? Did i pass the year? :P someone tell me

Yeah, Its called pass by compensation. If you get 35 or more in one subject and you have more than 45% in another they mark it as a pass. Haha I love that rule!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Same here dude bloody software development!! My advise is to never skip a class.

But my other subjects where 76%+

Score!!!

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Same here dude bloody software development!! My advise is to never skip a class.

But my other subjects where 76%+

Ah its handy really :P

Ah its handy really :P

Are you in first year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

Are you in first year?

I am! Does the grade inflation actually stop in second year?! :o

Doriath wrote: »
    I am! Does the grade inflation actually stop in second year?! :o

Second year is x2 harder than first year. 3 years is x2 harder than 2nd year which is freaking scary because software development in 2nd year isn't a walk in the park. In first year I average 80% but in second year :S highest was 68 in Maths which I thought was very easy :O!

Now I see the reason behind the high drop out rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

Awesome! Was afraid the IT Carlow degree was going to be useless after graduation!

• Advertisement

Are you in first year?

I seen the projects for software in 2nd and even 3rd year... they're handy. The paper work is a lot of balls tho. Did you get a cert at the end of 2nd year?

Advertisement