Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda checkpoints

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

dilallio wrote: »
    Most of the Garda Traffic Corps cars now have front and rear facing cameras, with number-plate recognition linked to a database of un-taxed cars.
    They don't even need to catch you at a checkpoint for out of date tax.
    most? i heard there was only 3 ('pumas' i think there called) in Galway

got stopped monday night in Doughiska no nct since January,
    not an issue.

milehip1 wrote: »
    most? i heard there was only 3 ('pumas' i think there called) in Galway

If that was the case i'd make the assumption that it's only the Traffic Corps that have them.

That would make the most sense considering the normal patrols would mostly avoid pulling cars for documentation by and large

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

i'm pretty sure you would be correct in that assumption gilberto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

If that was the case i'd make the assumption that it's only the Traffic Corps that have them.

That would make the most sense considering the normal patrols would mostly avoid pulling cars for documentation by and large
    Sat in a cops car a while ago as he was writing my ticket. He had ANPR but it wasn't reading my reg properly there was a digit wrong. It was an unmarked Traffic Corps car

The other not so surprising thing was he didn't understand how to read all of my tachograph properly. I had to explain it to him. These are the guys that are supposed to enforce the laws. If they don't know the basics it doesn't instil much confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Places I have seen checkpoints:

On the prom in Salthill (not for a long time though)

Cappagh Road and Barna Road junction.

Merchants Road in the city.

Quincentenary Bridge.

University Road, just outside the Cathedral.

Lower Salthill Road and Dr. Manix Road junction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Sat in a cops car a while ago as he was writing my ticket. He had ANPR but it wasn't reading my reg properly there was a digit wrong. It was an unmarked Traffic Corps car

The Display also includes a photograph of your registration so that they can ensure the ANPR has read the Reg plate properly.

Advertisement