Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Folk/Traditional Music Magazines?

Options
  • 04-06-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just wondering if there are any Irish folk/traditional music magazines out there at all? I'm still relativity new to the world of folk and trad music and it'd be great it I had a weekly or monthly outlet where I could read about current artists and what not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Treoir is a good magazine. You can subscribe through Comhaltas. There should be info on their website about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tarbolton

For my money, though its brief is far wider, the best writing on Irish Traditional music is found in the Journal of Music.

Treoir is the in-house magazine of Comhaltas Ceoltóri Eireann, of some interest perhaps if you are a member of that organisation. I am not sure how interesting it would be to a non-member though.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Advertisement