Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Docked Sick Pay

Options
  • 04-06-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm out sick from work at the moment and I post in sick certs (on Friday) from Friday to the Friday. Payroll is on the Monday. Last week I get docked a days pay because apparently the sick cert didn't get there until the Tuesday after postage Friday. I guess this can happen over the weekend periods. Am I not entitled to this pay the following week's payroll as the cert covers this day? HR tells me that I don't get it at all which seems a bit unfair. Any help appreciated thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

It's up to individual companies if they pay sick pay at all... Some do and some don't, they may have strict policy on certs, no cert = no money.

Tough as it sounds you need to know the rules and stick to them...
    It may require a change of the day you post your certs, this would eliminate any issue with weekend post..
    Also get a proof of postage... when my EE's were having postage issues with documetation I would ask them to get proof of postage for all communications..

Advertisement