Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Masterpiece Sunstorm

Options
  • 04-06-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,
    Here's my first ever custom job.
    It was a Masterpiece Skywarp but now stands proud as Sunstorm.
    He's been painted grey, then white and finally Yellow and red with enamels before being panel lined and dirtied with some black acrylics. Then the final detailing like the eyes and missiles were finised off with enamels.
    I've just finished the clear glossing now and he is fully handleable.
    4667586788_87e46ba096.jpg
    Skywarps's awful hip kibble was removed, cut and replaced in more asthetically pleasing positions. The lower leg kibble is grooved so that it slides up and down during transformation.
    In robot mode it also give extra support and he will now stand unaided very easily - unlike the Hasbro and Takara release Jets which need their stands.
    I have no photos of him in Jet mode yet, I'll take some soon. I'm minimizing the transformations. While he is fully transformable, I want to minimize the risk to the paint job for the moment, at least until the paint is fully cured.
    4666968441_07d09fe83f.jpg
    4666964047_ff919184aa_b.jpg
    There are still a couple of touch-ups required ( I was far too eager to let ALL the paint dry) but i'm pretty happy that he is now finished and I am very happy with the result - especially when I stand him beside Starscream and the replacement Skywarp (When I can get them to stand!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Quality work. Whose is the sword?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Hi, thanks.
    Yeah, all painted by hand. It's my first one so I didn't want to invest in a spray painter just yet.
    That's why I went for enamel paints because they are self-settling and it minimizes brush strokes.
    The sword is from my Predaking.

Advertisement