Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

broken 55-200 mm nikon lens need help

• 04-06-2010 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi just joined the forum and i have a question on which any help would be great

. i bought a nikon d40 with a 18-55 and a 55-200 mm lens

the 55-200 mm lens got damaged recently the whole casing is damaged the part which attatchesx to the camera is it possible to have this replaced if yes anyone got an idea of what it would actully cost its not a vr lens and the glass is in one piece ect but the casing is damaged .

how much do thoose lenses cost new also ?

thanks in adavance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

ronnie09 wrote: »
    anyone got an idea of what it would actully cost its not a vr lens and the glass is in one piece ect but the casing is damaged .
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the lens.

It is probably beyond economical repair. Is the lens still working? If the
    damage is just cosmetic, you might be able to patch it up yourself.
    how much do thoose lenses cost new also ?

The VR version is around €150 on eBay. Which version do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ronnie09

mines not even the vr its the lesser version the one that came with the camera the lens im sure prob still works but the fittings dont was my dog chewed it how he got it i dont know but the bit where u attatch it is severly damaged this is why i wondered if u can buy new shells or they can replace them

what would it cost ect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Advertisement