Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What affiliate networks do you prefer?

Options
  • 04-06-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I'm currently doing some work with Amazon but was thinking of broadening my horizons. Does anyone here use Commission Junction or any other affiliate networks?

Do they all need us to fill out tax details etc?

Are there any that I should be aware to avoid, because of payment problems or that they aren't suitable for Irish residents?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Moonstar

Yeah I use CJ as an affiliate, although I just use one advertiser at the moment.

It seems to work reasonably well, at least in terms of prompt payment etc.
    However I'm not entirely happy with the conversion tracking. It's very difficult to say for sure, but sometimes you get the impression that the number of conversions is under reported for whatever reason.

Also a lot of advertisers will be set to immediately reject your affiliate application, probably because you're not US based. Some of the bigger ones will have different programmes for the UK/Europe and US, so if you get rejected by the US one, you can try the other ones.

One other thing to watch out for is advertisers expiring the validity of links & offers. You might have gone to the trouble to put up a whole load of links on your site only to find that the advertisers periodically shut down the offer and maybe re-activate it at a later date.

This all depends on the advertiser and whether they're offering a number of products or not. For advertisers with single products it's less likely to happen.

I tried signing up for some other networks but they were mostly crap. Spamware, acai berries etc. :rolleyes:

It's amazing that some of these guys still get away with it - I don't even mean the spam-advertisers but the (often big name) affiliate networks that are happy to promote them as offers.

Advertisement