Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slide Film

• 04-06-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi just picked up a roll of 200 slide film on a whim in town. I'm heading away this weekend and will be using it mainly outdoors in either my Phenix or Kodak colorsnap 35.

Do anyone have any advise for a first timer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

You get less latitude with slide film. It's not a negative, so there's none of this "negative is the score, print is the performance" carry on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

elven wrote: »
    You get less latitude with slide film. It's not a negative, so there's none of this "negative is the score, print is the performance" carry on...

I'm not going to lie, I've no idea what you just said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

Scamp- wrote: »
    I'm not going to lie, I've no idea what you just said.

She (?) means you have to expose slide film very carefully as it can't represent a wide range of tonal values like negative film can. You need to expose it very carefully and keep the highlights of an image within a stop or two of your exposure value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

As an incidental consequence BTW, I wouldn't use that colorsnap to shoot slide. Is there a meter or is it a 'pick a weather symbol and hope for the best' kind of exposure ? You're better off shooting it in the phenix, presuming it has a meter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

As an incidental consequence BTW, I wouldn't use that colorsnap to shoot slide. Is there a meter or is it a 'pick a weather symbol and hope for the best' kind of exposure ? You're better off shooting it in the phenix, presuming it has a meter.

Yes the colorsnap (I hate using the american spelling for it!) has a hope for the best setting, the worst is trying to judge the distance in feet,

I'll actually take both and hope for the best. I've got my DSLR and octocam as well so it'll be a learning curve. Lets hope there are nice people at the Flat Lakes festival!

If anything decent comes out I'll post!

• Advertisement
Advertisement