Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save threads

Options
  • 04-06-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Quick question - if this feature already exists, apologies, feel free to transfer to helpdesk.

Would it be possible to have a thread tool that allows you to save threads? I.e. a dedicated space in the user CP and a button in the threadtools where you can click to save the thread into that user CP "folder"?

Personally, in regards to the photography forum I would appreciate such a feature as often there is very usefull information being posted that I might need later and is sometimes very hard to retrieve through the search option - different wording etc.

I presume this might be handy for other forums as well which have usefull posts that users might want to review at a later stage?

Thanks
    sNarah
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Subscribe to the thread, and they appear under your userCP, as subscribed threads. I don't think that they are time limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Indeed, thanks for that.

Alas, every thread you post/reply to, you automatically subscribe (correct me if I am mistaken). I had another good look in the user CP and created a new folder - however I can't seem to figure out how to get the threads from the subscription folder to the newly created folder - as they do not serve the same purpose (if you get what I mean - I'm nearly confusing myself now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

sNarah wrote: »
    Indeed, thanks for that.

Alas, every thread you post/reply to, you automatically subscribe (correct me if I am mistaken). I had another good look in the user CP and created a new folder - however I can't seem to figure out how to get the threads from the subscription folder to the newly created folder - as they do not serve the same purpose (if you get what I mean - I'm nearly confusing myself now!)

I think that "auto subscribe" is on by default, you can turn it off. That way you can manage the number of threads you subscribe to. Maybe there's a way of moving threads into a storage area in your CP, but I don't really know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Yep, you can leave the subsribe to thread option on if you want..

Click on CP.

At the bottom left you will see:

Subscribed Threads
    Edit Folders

Click edit, call the folder whatever (saved threads)

Then go back to List subscriptions
    Put a tick beside the ones you want to save and selct Move to folder

simples.bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

You can always save the page to your pc. As is.

File..save as. If it is a specific page rather than a thread.

• Advertisement

Can't access it from another PC though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hope you are subscribing to that thread in my forum dear, you have work to do!

Like Tallon said - Mostly I be in work (ssh) when coming accross intersting threads that I want to save somewhere for reference later on. I *think* I managed to sort out my UserCP thingies now - must wait for a new intersting thread to appear to try it out :o
    Hope you are subscribing to that thread in my forum dear, you have work to do!
    Off course my dearest Tar.A, pretty girls, first thing I do every working day :rolleyes:

I just noticed too, when you are replying to a post, at the bottom where it says additional information there is an option to subscribe to a certain folder :)

So you can just choose on that one occasion to selct saved threads

Why yes indeed - Just tested this myself now and the folders I created do show up Hooray! Thanks Tallon

• Advertisement
Advertisement