Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find punk/80's clothes in Derry?

Options
  • 04-06-2010 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I'm going to a Joan Jett and the Blackhearts concert in a few weeks and I want to go all out for it. I'm even dying my hair! :D Unfortunately I don't live in a city so finding clothes worthy of Miss Jett is pretty hard. I should be able to get up to Derry soon to get something, but I don't know where to start.
    Anyone know of somewhere I could get something Joan Jettesque? I'd go for any era, so that means converses or platform boots, leather waistcoats, or band t-s, leather trousers or boy jeans! The more punked out the better!:cool:

For anyone whos not familiar with Joan Jett:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nH-z_EvqRvY/Sa…

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q222/…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Well it should be easy to put together from charity shops, maybe plan a day out to go round a few and see what you can throw together. Shouldn't be hard seeing as it's punk yer after. Being into punk or grunge was all about being scruffy, broke and anti-conformist anyway so second hand worn looking clothes would be ideal! Get a pair of straight jeans, rip a few holes in them, stick on a few chains and safety pins everywhere or ripped/leoprdskin print tights and a short skirt. Get a granddad checked shirt and wear it over a plain vest. Get some tarten in there somewhere. Lay on the jewellry pretty thick if you're into piercings. 16hole docs would be ideal or newrocks, maybe borrow a pair as they'd be pretty pricey to buy. Ideally you want a leather jacket with a dodgy picture painted on the back like a sub-humans album cover or something :D Let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Joan Jetts look was more 'murcan punk then europunk. Think pvc leggings with an oversized tshirt or a leather waistcoat/vest.
    Whatever you wear Enjoy the show. (Jealous :()

joan_jett.jpg

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Gnie

Perhaps my question wasn't clear. Joan Jetts my idol, so I know what I want, but I have no idea where to get it! I'm looking for shop names and locations if possible. I do have plans to go around the thrift shops, but you've really got to get lucky, and I'll only have one day.:confused:

Advertisement