Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby tickets?

Options
  • 04-06-2010 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

I know it's late but are tickets still available anywhere for tonight's friendly against Barbarians? If I went over to Thomond would I be likely to get some from a tout outside without having to donate a kidney? Or has touting been clamped down on? Any info would be great thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

A friend of mine is selling 2, face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

you have a good chance in getting one outside the ground, also i would refer to munsterfans.com

that is of course the poster above me havent given them to u

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25743&KW=ticket&PN=0&TPN=3

Worth a look!!! The touting has been clamped down on, but of course it still happens :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

A friend of mine has a load he's trying to get rid of so you have a good chance of picking one up outside Thomond, Im pretty sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Great, thanks guys. Still hope after all! Melion, would those tickets be available for collection in the city?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If I went over to Thomond would I be likely to get some from a tout outside

Please don't do this. The only way that touts will f**k off and stop buying up tickets is if people refuse point-blank to pay them.

If they're left footing the bill often enough, they'll stop, and people who actually want tickets will be able to buy them at the correct face value.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Please don't do this. The only way that touts will f**k off and stop buying up tickets is if people refuse point-blank to pay them.

You're totally right Liam and I understand what you're saying. I have never done this before but tonight I am willing to, as a once off which isn't going to make a difference in the big scheme of things so I think it's ok this once.

We were at Thomond 15 minutes before kick-off and there were still tickets being touted outside. We opted to avoid the touts though and instead bought two tickets from a fan who had some last minute spares. So win-win for him and us and also sadly for Barbarians, but a great game and a great turnout for a friendly nonetheless :) Thanks a mil for the feedback -MHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Apologies for not getting back to you. I logged off and totally forgot id posted about the tickets.

No worries Melion, we got sorted anyway thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement