Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superman S Tattoo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Personally I think in colour would be better.

Check out the portfolio sticky at the top there. Loadsa great artists that'll do it for you. You just gotta pick one that you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I say colour too.

Incidentally, this was the first thing I'd ever wanted as a tattoo, but never did get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Jon Bon Jovi has this tattoo in colour on his arm if that sways ya at all lol

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

And Shaquille O Neal !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

surely full sized, in colour, on your chest is the way forward

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I know you've most likely got your heart set on this OP, but I'd say make sure that you're 100% positive this is something you'll want on you for the rest of your life, sounds like a tat that you could soon grow to regret!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

There is a greyish superman tattoo on the dublinarttatoo site, it's on Stephen Gately.

http://www.dublinarttattoo.com/#a=0&at=0&mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&s=1&p=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

tman wrote: »
    I know you've most likely got your heart set on this OP, but I'd say make sure that you're 100% positive this is something you'll want on you for the rest of your life, sounds like a tat that you could soon grow to regret!

I agree 600%...when I was 18 I wanted to get the Batman symbol in the same place. Now, I'm damn glad that I didn't. So again, think about it, think about it again and think about it again before deciding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

yeah I agree that you should think about it, but then again, its not like choppin yer balls off :p You can get it removed. Its costly and painful, but its not as permanent as everyone still believes it is!!

Plus, if you're getting it on your back, by the time you start regretting it, you will have forgotten its there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

peanuthead wrote: »
    yeah I agree that you should think about it, but then again, its not like choppin yer balls off :p You can get it removed. Its costly and painful, but its not as permanent as everyone still believes it is!!

Plus, if you're getting it on your back, by the time you start regretting it, you will have forgotten its there!!

I wouldn't agree with the 'sure i can get it removed' mentality. The size of it getting removed, 1. will cost you a fortune (possibly even twice or more than you paid for the tattoo!) and 2. the scarring (not gonna be great on the area that its removed.)

So again, think about it!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Kento

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

I've thought about this for months and its not just that I like the look of it, I have other reasons too so I'm sure I won't regret it in future.

I've had a look throught the portfolios and I think I've decided who I'll go to :)

Still undecided though. Was leaning towards colour and then my sis told me bout this (I swear I didn't find it myself!) and I think its looks lethal!

At 0:09 and 1:33 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_o8m4ieGeQ

Obviously without the dates under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kento

So I finally bit the bullet and went for it. Delighted with how it came out, sorry about the quality, I uploaded it straight from my phone so will post a better pics in a couple of days

First time posting pics, hope it works!

tattoojq.th.jpg

dsci0041g.th.jpg

dsci0040bv.th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Very nice work mate, do you mind me asking where and by whom you got it done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

just dont fall off a horse and you'll be fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭thecelt

This is an old thread but I figured it would be better to post in here rather than starting a new threat.

Came across this online,
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/162270392796665499/
    What u guys think?

has anyone got this tattoo or seen it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It's a pretty basic superman symbol on a wrist. Is there anything in particular you want to know?

debating how it would look on arm. preferring this to the colour version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

thecelt wrote: »
    debating how it would look on arm. preferring this to the colour version

Personally id prefer that to the color version too but all my tattoos are just black line work. no colors and just a tiny bit of shading on one of them. thats just the style i prefer but everyone is different, I've seen some class color tattoos but i just wouldn't like them on me.
    Nobobdy can tell you really which you should go for its a matter of preference for yourself

Advertisement