Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molson Canadian

Options

Comments

I don't think coors are importing it directly. One of their reps was in our place a few weeks ago. I didn't see it in his brochure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Would really love to get my hands on Rickards Red brewed by Molson was one of my Fav drinks in Canada, if anyone knows where i can get it in Ireland let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

This post has been deleted.
    Going to be launched in ireland any day now. I'm excited! Another choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Isn't it incredibly difficult to import booze from Canada? Even driving to the next province with some in the car isn't allowed in some places. The exception to this being the duty free of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Molson Canadian! Not yet, I will find out on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

They had this in the Woolshed on Parnell St for Canada day, in 330ml cans, maybe check it out and ask where they get it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

If it's being launched here it would be Molson Coors Ireland that would be bringing it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thetl

Did the tour of the steam whistle brewery when I was in Toronto and was surprised how short a shelf life it has , can't remember exactly but i think it was a couple of months max

thetl wrote: »
    Did the tour of the steam whistle brewery when I was in Toronto and was surprised how short a shelf life it has , can't remember exactly but i think it was a couple of months max

More likely a best before date rather then a 'this will kill you after' date. Especially as it's in a green bottle.

Beers shelf life is greatly reduced when they don't add preservatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Molson Canadian! Not yet, I will find out on Tuesday.

Looks like the big launch for Molson Canadian is next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

on tap in Farrington's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

They have it in the Martello in Bray. Was looking at it, didnt try it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Doheny and Nesbitts on Baggot Street got it a couple weeks ago. Priced the same as a Heineken. I quite like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

There were three Molson Canadian mini-jeeps outside Café en Seine on Monday evening. I thought that said enough about the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Friend of mine posted on Instagram that he was enjoying a westy XII.

In jumped their social media team asking had he tried the Canadian.

You can't just mention both in the same conversation :).

Yet to try it myself but the signs aren't looking great to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Was in the Clarendon bar off Chatham Street, Dublin yesterday for some grub and they have it in the upstairs bar (draught). Didn't try it though as I had college last night.

Will try it at some stage though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Dying to get one now that it's been launched here, lived on the stuff when I lived in Canada. It'll be a long while before I'm near any of the places that stock it, will have to plan a trip! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Is it being "brewed under licence"? I hate that term.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's brewed in the UK, but it doesn't really count as under licence since the same company owns the brand and the brewery.

I'm a bit surprised the ads don't have "brewed in the UK" on them (that I've noticed) since the branding associates the product so much with Canada and advertising rules say the true country of origin must be given if a different one is even suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'm a bit surprised the ads don't have "brewed in the UK" on them (that I've noticed) since the branding associates the product so much with Canada and advertising rules say the true country of origin must be given if a different one is even suggested.

It is curious as their branding does say "From our Land to yours". I'm sure they didn't mean England to Ireland. :D

Just tried a can of it there. It's very fizzy, not much flavour in it at all. Two sips and it went down the kitchen sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭lamoss

I saw it in the local centra today, I will try it out tomorrow. If it is 4.3 % or under then I wont expect much from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

was in my local and they had 2 new molson taps installed. its getting a huge push according to my barman. im gonna try it.

lamoss wrote: »
    I saw it in the local centra today, I will try it out tomorrow. If it is 4.3 % or under then I wont expect much from it.

It's only 4%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Molson Canadian is fine but there is better to be got

Is Moosehead still in any pubs (by the bottle)?

Also, if anyone started importing Alexander Keiths IPA then we'd have a real canadian beer !

jacko1 wrote: »
    Molson Canadian is fine but there is better to be got

Is Moosehead still in any pubs (by the bottle)?

Also, if anyone started importing Alexander Keiths IPA then we'd have a real canadian beer !

There's almost no difference between Keith's IPA and a bland lager

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭wile1000

I told a Canadian friend about this when the big centre spread ad featured in Metro a little while back. She laughed and said it is mostly drunk by students there (with all due respect to any students here on the forum!).

I'll give it a go anyway (on draught) if I see it in a pub; always interested in something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

I tried it over the weekend and I wasn't too keen on it. Tasted similar to Bud to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

wile1000 wrote: »
    I told a Canadian friend about this when the big centre spread ad featured in Metro a little while back. She laughed and said it is mostly drunk by students there (with all due respect to any students here on the forum!).

I'll give it a go anyway (on draught) if I see it in a pub; always interested in something new.

As a student I take no offence whatsoever. Give me one of franciscan wells beers any day!
    This stuff is just a fail if an imitation of bud!
    It's getting some push at the moment. You'd think they'd put the same effort into pushing the well, blue moon etc as this crap!

Hopefully the well can up its production soon as planned!

Advertisement