Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molson Canadian

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

They are selling this stuff at 2 euro a can in Tesco, hardly a promotional price for a new drink. You'd think they'd market it at a cheaper price to "entice the masses" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

gurramok wrote: »
    They are selling this stuff at 2 euro a can in Tesco, hardly a promotional price for a new drink. You'd think they'd market it at a cheaper price to "entice the masses" ?

Think of the Miller Problem. They dropped the price once to €15 for 20x330 bottles and now they cannot recover because anything about €20 is considered too much money.

If Molson Canadian did that they'd start on the wrong foot and find it hard to recover.

I think the price is reasonable for what they offer. Remember it's a 4% alcohol beer made in England so for €1.50 a can it's reasonable for a product that should be competing with Budweiser and Heineken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Heard loads of people going on about this and was surprised as I thought it was piss. Very insipid and,watery and I'm far from a beer snob.

Fair enough, maybe I heed to taste it on draught and bot can or bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

The headache! Ohhhhhhhh tis bad.

• Advertisement

Molson Canadian now in Tesco. 20 bottles for 24 euro. Decent enough lightish beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

glasso wrote: »
    Molson Canadian now in Tesco. 20 bottles for 24 euro. Decent enough lightish beer.

That's expensive. Dunnes have same for €20.

Not that I'd be buying it, awful stuff.

grenache wrote: »
    That's expensive. Dunnes have same for €20.

Not that I'd be buying it, awful stuff.

it's not the worst stuff that I've ever tasted. It's fine as a beer that you may be drinking 4/5 of with friends whilst watching a match or something like that. Beets bud, whoors delight, c-berg etc. as a mass-market 330ml bottled beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

it's not the worst stuff that I've ever tasted. It's fine as a beer that you may be drinking 4/5 of with friends whilst watching a match or something like that. Beets bud, whoors delight, c-berg etc. as a mass-market 330ml bottled beer.
    Well yes it's awful in that it's bland and harmless, it doesn't taste of anything much really. I wouldn't see the point in buying it.

Harmless - exacytly.... that serves a purpose sometimes. Can't be smelling the noses of craft beers all the time - sometimes you just want a beer....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Harmless - exacytly.... that serves a purpose sometimes. Can't be smelling the noses of craft beers all the time - sometimes you just want a beer....

You don't need to smell a craft beer just to enjoy it.

I don't understand how people can say pish beer is grand if you're sitting around watching a match, as if watching sports mean your taste buds stop working or something. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

irish_goat wrote: »

I don't understand how people can say pish beer is grand if you're sitting around watching a match, as if watching sports mean your taste buds stop working or something. :confused:

I cant do it at all.

If I am watching football I need to have a good beer.
    I don't usually go to pubs for matches so would be at home or a friends so always have my stash ready for such occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

irish_goat wrote: »

Obviously there is no good reason to drink Molson Canadian, ever, but I think I kinda get this. If Im hanging out with people who arent into beer and the focus is on something else I'll bring along a simple pale ale to enjoy. I dont want to be distracted by a taste monster while Im supposed to be doing something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Are you not presuming that all craft beer is about hop aroma?

Advertisement