Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HotLining - Call divert

Options
  • 04-06-2010 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I was talkin' to other lads in the comms business the other day and they mentioned something called hotlining. It is form of call divert that you can put on a land line and no matter what number is dialled out it will always go to a specific number.

Similiar to emergency phones on the public system, you can dial who you like but it will always ring a specified number.

Does anyone know if such a service exists and does eircom do it? I have called eircom sales and customer care but I may have just rang the zoo.

Any info would be appreciated.

PB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I saw it in the airport a while back - there were telephones for hotels that you simply lifted and got connected to reception...

Here's a reference to it on eircom's site:

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/Sn4_pt8.pdf

page 2.

also it appears to be free: http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/Sn1_pt5.pdf
    although I'd imagine you pay for the call of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Yes it exists and has done since the early 1980s when digital exchanges began to appear.

Ring 1901 and they can set the service up on your lone. There's a *# code to activate and deactivate it.

Eircom use it to access voicemail on some lines if you pick up and wait for a few secs it will hotline to your mailbox.

You can also programme the delay before the exchange connects to the hotline preprogrammed number.

Basically you pick up the phone and the destination number will instantly ring.

There are quite a few services that they used to Market, but don't bother pushing anymore.

Hotline
    Network speed dialling. You can programme 10 numbers on the exchange and speed dial them by pressing 1#, 2# and so on.
    Conditional call forwarding (same as on mobiles) this is used for voicemail on landline.
    There are a few there too.

Also if you dial *37# on a busy tone, the network will ring your line & connect the call when the busy line is available.

Advertisement