Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carl Zeiss Victory Diavari 3-12x56

Options
  • 04-06-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone got the Carl Zeiss Victory Diavari 3-12x56 rifle scope

I'm interested in it for a few reasons mainly the weight 18-19 ounces,
    nice and light.
    And the claimed dawn to dusk performance.

It's for Deer stalking I want it not long range target.

Thanks
    bang2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

bang2 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anyone got the Carl Zeiss Victory Diavari 3-12x56 rifle scope

I'm interested in it for a few reasons mainly the weight 18-19 ounces,
    nice and light.
    And the claimed dawn to dusk performance.

It's for Deer stalking I want it not long range target.

Thanks
    bang2

i only ever use the 6-24x72 model, but the build quality was fantastic and clarity exceptional in dusk conditions on that.
    Zeiss are Fantastic for low light ability IMHO, especially for stalking woodland/brush etc.
    TBW

i only ever use the 6-24x72 model, but the build quality was fantastic and clarity exceptional in dusk conditions on that.
    Zeiss are Fantastic for low light ability IMHO, especially for stalking woodland/brush etc.
    TBW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS-EasbMWBU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

TBW
    6-24x72:eek: Must be massive light transmission in that puppy:D

kay 9 wrote: »
    6-24x72:eek: Must be massive light transmission in that puppy:D

Awesome, so was the price though :(

http://www.zeiss.com/c1256bcf0020be5f/Contents-Frame/e34e4125aa548d6685256bcf0061320d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Don't own one, but have shot with one, and it's a cracking scope. Definitely not something you'd regret. Would love one myself actually.

Don't own one, but have shot with one, and it's a cracking scope. Definitely not something you'd regret. Would love one myself actually.

If I come into the cash I would deffo buy one for stalking, the NF 5.5-25 came in much cheaper, so I voted with my wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

What you pay is what you get.And Zeiss is worth the money.If you can afford it.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    What you pay is what you get.And Zeiss is worth the money.If you can afford it.:(

+1

Pay peanuts...... get monkeys.

sikastag wrote: »
    +1

Pay peanuts...... get monkeys.

Yer man wanted over €2500 for it at the time, It was during the boom times.

I had a Nikon 2.5-10x56 at the time that was brilliant for light gathering, but the cross hir Non illum was very heavy, blocked vision of a lot of the target, the Divari had a fine Illum reticle and good magnification in low light.
    I ended up going NF as it was almost as good for what I wanted at a price I could afford

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

its a big awkward scope x56 is to big for our stalking ,ok for moon lite shooting on the continent .

4-16x50 would be a better all round scope in that range.

jwshooter wrote: »
    its a big awkward scope x56 is to big for our stalking ,ok for moon lite shooting on the continent .

I never had any problems with 56mm and I have 2 of them.
    My stalking scope 5.5x22X56 ticks all the boxes for my requirements, I have private forestry shooting where light gathering is excellent, i also have deer in the middle of a big barley field where I require magnification.

I try to buy a scope/rifle that meets most of my requirements within my budget.
    Nothing is perfect in life, we can only try our best

I never had any problems with 56mm and I have 2 of them.
    My stalking scope 5.5x22X56 ticks all the boxes for my requirements, I have private forestry shooting where light gathering is excellent, i also have deer in the middle of a big barley field where I require magnification.

I try to buy a scope/rifle that meets most of my requirements within my budget.
    Nothing is perfect in life, we can only try our best

wrong ! ." swarovski 4-16x50 .TDS4 " ....perfik

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

I agree, have one with No.6 reticle (varmint), use it for bit of paper and foxes. Very happy with it. That model with a No. 7 or No. 4 reticle would be nice for stalking IMO.

wrong ! ." swarovski 4-16x50 .TDS4 " ....perfik

I had a swarovski in 6-24x50, I prefer the NF.

Biggest selling point for me was the parallax adj on the left hand side of NF, makes focusing on Target quick and easy

I did not like Swarovski as it was on the bell.

No such thing as a wrong answer with any high end scope, whether it's S&B, NF, Zeiss,Swarovski they all are good scopes.

I bought what appealed to me, using my weighted scoring method of purchasing.

I had a swarovski in 6-24x50, I prefer the NF.

Biggest selling point for me was the parallax adj on the left hand side of NF, makes focusing on Target quick and easy

I did not like Swarovski as it was on the bell.

No such thing as a wrong answer with any high end scope, whether it's S&B, NF, Zeiss,Swarovski they all are good scopes.

I bought what appealed to me, using my weighted scoring method of purchasing.

poor field of view with the NF ,also you have to use parallax more to keep it focused .
    i have a NXS not a fan of it . not as bright a scope as the swro and not as crisp .

for you shooting 3-4 deer a year any thing would do ,its probably idea for your target shooting .

as a everyday stalking scope ,it just does not cut it .

poor field of view with the NF ,also you have to use parallax more to keep it focused .
    i have a NXS not a fan of it . not as bright a scope as the swro and not as crisp .

for you shooting 3-4 deer a year any thing would do ,its probably idea for your target shooting .

as a everyday stalking scope ,it just does not cut it .

I shoot deer and bunnies with it.(when I run out of .223 hornady)

I still prefer the NXS with the NPR2 Reticle illum as in low light.
    If money were no object i would go Zeiss.
    First stalking scope I looked through was a Zeiss, and in low light it was amazing.
    The OP asked about Zeiss, I can not fault the make or model, I might go with a reticle 43 on the Zeiss though
    or a rapid Z Illum ret, My personal choice

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bang2

Thanks for all the info,

I'm now leaning towards the Swaro,
    the swarovski 4-16x50 .TDS4 is not in production any more,

still like the Zeiss ,

John lambert is getting a few Zeiss duralyt's in so it will be interesting to see them.

If anyone here's of any of the above going at the right price , let me know.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭pat58

The swarovski with the TDS4 radical is a great , Clarity is second to none in my opinion , Also the zeiss is great ,Hard to beat german crystal , With the low light the 56mm bell is great , Either way you go im sure you wont be disappointed , Best of luck with your choice ,

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

Even better and related maybe??

Docter 3-12x56 and read this http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11981

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭pat58

Very good read ,the doc came out of it very well,
    Often an over looked hunting scope , But a very good option worth a look,

Advertisement