Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish importance...

Options
  • 04-06-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

I feel ready for all of my exams, except for Irish, and to be completely honest, I don't really care about it.

However, it is still a subject, I do 8, and I know Irish will be bottom of my results.

None of my CAO choices require Irish, but what would happen if I did quite poor in Irish. Like a D3. It won't affect points, but would colleges look at it an think "ohhhh guy is ****e at Irish" kind of thing? I wanna do Law in Trinity, with DCU second and UCD third.

Mostly looking for post leaving people here. Go raibh maith agat.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Ashashi wrote: »
    I feel ready for all of my exams, except for Irish, and to be completely honest, I don't really care about it.

However, it is still a subject, I do 8, and I know Irish will be bottom of my results.

None of my CAO choices require Irish, but what would happen if I did quite poor in Irish. Like a D3. It won't affect points, but would colleges look at it an think "ohhhh guy is ****e at Irish" kind of thing? I wanna do Law in Trinity, with DCU second and UCD third.

Mostly looking for post leaving people here. Go raibh maith agat.:rolleyes:

They won't give a shít. In fact, the probably won't even know. You're matched by the CAO and provided you fill the entry requirements, the college will not care.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

And that's perfect. Grand so. Cheers :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

They won't know and/or care. That's why I like the Irish Applications system. If we had something like UCAS it would be terrible! UCAS is one of the most poorly designed systems I have ever seen. My friend got 600 points 2 years ago, but three out of the five choices on his UCAS form rejected him (before he even sat his exams). He must have a bad personal statement or something, but still...

Advertisement