Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French Navy on Galway Visit

• 04-06-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Three French Navy sonar trawlers arrived in Galway for a visit this morning.

A13F227A2C0641E287782BA7EF99BC5F-800.jpg

02313CC0988B4EC09C6D807B08430652-800.jpg

77AC700D308E4F27BCFCB17751BAEE15-800.jpg

Thanks for looking and I will post a couple more once I get them sorted if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Nicely caught Roger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Where are Greenpeace, the Green Party, indymedia, Richard Boyd Barett, Shell to Sea, Sinn Fein? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭Avgas

I wonder if they boarded the French ships would the French sailors be justified to batter/stab/bludgeon them on the basis their obviously pirates? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Avgas wrote: »
    I wonder if they boarded the French ships would the French sailors be justified to batter/stab/bludgeon them on the basis their obviously pirates? :rolleyes:
    :confused::confused::confused: What are you on about? This is a courtesy visit to Galway by the French Navy !?!? Whatever you are hinting at, it has nothing to do with this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

vulcan57 wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused: What are you on about? This is a courtesy visit to Galway by the French Navy !?!? Whatever you are hinting at, it has nothing to do with this thread.

His post is about the Israeli's i imagine:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote: »
    His post is about the Israeli's i imagine:rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking Dave, and probably a reply that I wrote, but that has nothing what so ever to do with this thread. There is no connection between the Israeli incident and this visit to Galway. Possibly he didn't like what I had to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭Avgas

That's what I was thinking Dave, and probably a reply that I wrote, but that has nothing what so ever to do with this thread. There is no connection between the Israeli incident and this visit to Galway. Possibly he didn't like what I had to say.

I was joking....vulcan....:rolleyes:

The French are v.welcome AFAIC. I've fond memories of a French flotilla many moons ago that was in Galway...a Daphane class submarine....I think... or maybe one of the Agosta...anyhow Diesel electric for sure...with a fishery patrol type vessel and a MCM boat...these seem to be MCMs...no?

Apologies if my post raised a NUTTER/TROLL alert with you...only meant to raise chuckle......of course your right...stuff on the IDF, etc belongs elsewhere.

Nice pics.

PEACE + LOVE + 155MM :)

Avgas wrote: »
    I was joking....vulcan....:rolleyes:

The French are v.welcome AFAIC. I've fond memories of a French flotilla many moons ago that was in Galway...a Daphane class submarine....I think... or maybe one of the Agosta...anyhow Diesel electric for sure...with a fishery patrol type vessel and a MCM boat...these seem to be MCMs...no?

Apologies if my post raised a NUTTER/TROLL alert with you...only meant to raise chuckle......of course your right...stuff on the IDF, etc belongs elsewhere.

Nice pics.

PEACE + LOVE + 155MM :)

No problem Avgas, at least that is all cleared up, sorry also if I read more into it than I was suppose to. I remember those subs as well, must have been '84 or'85?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

No visible armament on these vessels - what is their role and function ?

delancey42 wrote: »
    No visible armament on these vessels - what is their role and function ?

They are Antarès class Mine route survey craft. Used in mine clearance and they trawler sonars behind them to help find mines. They most probably work in conjunction with Tripartite class mine hunters.

• Advertisement

A couple of the other two.

M771 Altaïr
    E3579CBF3F144071B90F26B0ECC61F38-800.jpg

M770 Antarès
    96C8404ADD1E4118848934AAC3EA4731-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

A couple of the other two.

M771 Altaïr

M770 Antarès

Excellent pictures OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Good pics OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

ask the captains how much they want for them? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Why? we've no money! :)

too true :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

punchdrunk wrote: »
    ask the captains how much they want for them? ;)

They're French, shout at them and they'll wave the white flag and you can have them freeee.

(Sorry, wrong forumn I know)

Nice pics Vulcan.

They're French, shout at them and they'll wave the white flag and you can have them freeee.

(Sorry, wrong forumn I know)

Nice pics Vulcan.

hahaha I dunno,I think we might end up with some navy taunting damage claims after!

Advertisement