Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Roaming with O2

Options
  • 04-06-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Just got my latest O2 i-phone bill having been away for a couple of days last month, the Data Roaming is extortionate and this also applies to being in Northern Ireland or on the O2 UK network along the border.

I was given the impression that a daily amount of €4.96 applied for data when roaming and even got an email before from them to that gave the impression it did and I had been overcharged on a previous occassion, however it is €4.96 per mb up to four mb per day, therefore €20 incl VAT per day, wasn't at all pleased to get €87 extra on my bill for four days abroad.

Got no satisfaction from emails or calls to customer service.

Beware using data on O2 in Northern Ireland, UK mainland or on holidays, an internet cafe would be much cheaper.

As far as I know 3 offer no charge when on their network in UK or NI for 3 Customers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Just got my latest O2 i-phone bill having been away for a couple of days last month, the Data Roaming is extortionate and this also applies to being in Northern Ireland or on the O2 UK network along the border.

I was given the impression that a daily amount of €4.96 applied for data when roaming and even got an email before from them to that gave the impression it did and I had been overcharged on a previous occassion, however it is €4.96 per mb up to four mb per day, therefore €20 incl VAT per day, wasn't at all pleased to get €87 extra on my bill for four days abroad.

Got no satisfaction from emails or calls to customer service.

Beware using data on O2 in Northern Ireland, UK mainland or on holidays, an internet cafe would be much cheaper.

As far as I know 3 offer no charge when on their network in UK or NI for 3 Customers
    Yeah its a joke but they are the terms. I'd like to use a bit of data abroad but they charge crazy money. Such a wasted opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

you could have taken the O2 data addon for €75 per month which offers 500MB. Not much in the difference as to what you paid I know and not cheap either, just something I suppose.

Vodafone offer global roaming out of your bundle on the vodafone live APN - like what you say Three offer, just its worldwide with VF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

J

as someone who usually reads Ts&Cs clearly, I got stung by this one also and thought it was €4.96 per day. €120 later for 7 days away I realised I was clearly wrong!

However after I told them to cancel my account when I received my bill (I wasnt tied in to a contract at the time), they gave me a credit of €100. So I was happy.

Have since left them though due to poor poor poor coverage!

Advertisement