Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fighting Game Committee Vote

Options
  • 04-06-2010 6:13pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

Okay lets clear some stuff up first and try to get this whole committee thing resloved once fand for all.

Why the need for a committee in the first place?
    Several people in the community expressed an opinion that a committee was the next step forward for the community. Some people feel the community lacked drive and focus. One example would be, the community agreed a website was needed yet the issue was not forced and was left for several months before a single community member decided on his own merit to do one. Another issue would be a possible change in venue. Again this is currently left to indivdual members to pursue with no oversight.
    With the left overs from Inferno and casual events there was community money left over. People wanted accountability for this.

Is the community in favour of a committee?
    The answer is overwhelmingly yes. I've gone back over all the the threads regarding a committee and chated to people in IRC.
    22 are in favour.
    7 against.
    1 indifferent.
    However a few issues where raised by the community. People wanted to know exactly what the committees powers where and they wanted the committee members voted in my the community. Some expressed the view that candidate should not be able to vote for yourself.

So below is exactly what powers the committee will have.

Committee

The committee would be be elected by the community in a poll on boards.ie twice yearly.

The size of the committee will be limited to a maximum of five. The function of the committe will would not require more than this.

The committee will be responsible for Inferno events and decision making regarding it, like deciding on what to do with the funds left over from causals and Inferno events, looking into obtaining a new venue etc. Just to clarify the running of Dragon Slayers will remain independent of the committee and the responsibility soley of its organizers, unless the organizers of Dragon Slayers wish to collaberate with the committe on an event either north or south of the border.

The other major function of the committee is to represent the interests of community as a whole. They would concern themsleves with large scale tournaments special tournaments like an SVB or EVO qualifier.
    They would get in contact with the organizers of these events and see what sort of sponsorship these events could offer us. If no sponsorship is possible than an event could possibly be organized by the Irish community itself alone. If an event like this where to take place then these would be the people doing the planing and groundwork in advance to make these events successful. They would also look at obtaining third party sponsorship (electronics companies, soft drinks companies etc)

If a third party wishes to run an event like an SVB qualifier in Ireland and wishes to use the the community to advertise such an event, the committee are are the people who will ask questions of the organizer/s to ensure the event is being properly run before giving the event its backing. This will ensure the reputation of the community will be upheld at all times.

These are also the people who could apporach Irish lan parties and make suggestions on how to tailor a lan party to attract substaintal numbers of Irish fighting game players. An example could be negotiating a reduced entry fee for fighting game players who are not interested in participating in the PC gaming part of the lan and only wish to stay for the duration of the fighting game tournaments.

Other events:
    People inside and outside of the community are of course free to run/start up there own competitions and tournaments and run them however they please. The community and committee will glady offer its support and advice to such endavours if these third parties request it. Otherwise they are free to run their events without interference.

For the sake of clarity I'm going to lock the other threads relating to the committee and delete them shortly.

If your in favour of the committee as outlined above.
    Please say yes you are and name your 5 preferred committee members.
    You can not vote for yourself.

If your not in favour simple state your not in favour.

I will close this thread next Tuesday the 8th of June.

If people vote in the committee it will go ahead and the people with the highest number of votes get on the committee.

If not then we can look at other options there and then.

This is not a thread for debating. This is a thread purely to decide on a committee as outlined above. So either vote yes and name your candidates or vote no, anything else and your post will be deleted.

I vote in favour and my candidates are.

A-Trak
    Chopperbyrne
    Doctor Doom
    Dreddybajs
    Mr Kyle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I vote in favor and my candidates are;

Azza
    Chunkis
    Jim
    Doom
    Mr Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Azza
    Chopper
    Dr. Doom
    Mr Kyle
    Orim

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Sorry Dreddy, its been changed that people can't vote for themsleves. If you want to nominate some one in your place you can. You can just leave it blank either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Fair enough, edited to vote for Mr Kyle instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Azza
    Chopper
    D4rk Onion
    Dreddybajs
    Mr Kyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

In favour.

Azza
    Mr Kyle
    chunkis
    Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

In favour.

Azza
    Dreddybajs
    Doctor Doom
    ChopperByrne
    Jimeatsmenu

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Azza
    Doom
    Sabre
    Sairus
    Kyle

Spread the love around the counties!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

not in favour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

not in favour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Not in favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

For

Azza
    Orim
    Chopperbyrne
    DooM
    Jim

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

In favour.

Azza
    Dreddybajs
    Doctor Doom
    ChopperByrne
    Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

In favour.

Azza
    Chunkis
    Doom
    Jim
    mr_kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

In favour

Azza
    Dreddybajs
    Mr Kyle
    Chopper
    Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Azza
    Dreddybajs
    Doctor Doom
    ChopperByrne
    Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I was hoping to get to choose between two types of committees but things are pretty clean and clear on this one and I don't believe there should be nothing at all.

So for us it was the day the committee got voted in...

Azza
    Orim
    Chopper
    Doom
    Dreddz

but for them it was Tuesday (the 8th :p)

*note I'd have a vote for Jim in there but afaik he does not want to be in a committee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

As it looks like this is happening, I'd rather have my say on who I'd like involved then vote "Not in favour," only for it to go ahead with people whom I've not had a chace to "Vote for"

That said, my nominations would be.

Azza
    Jim
    Sisko
    Doom
    Chopper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

If its only 5 then

Azza
    D4rk Onion
    Doom
    Chunkis
    Chopper

I'd have put Orim and Jim in but they are full on with the website, so to share the burden.

This is closing at midnight tonight lads. Anyone who hasn't voted please get there votes in if they wish to have there voice heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Azza
    Dreddybajs
    Doctor Doom
    ChopperByrne
    Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Doomey
    Azza
    Orim
    Chopper
    Sisko

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

mrkyle
    daigo
    justin wong
    terry
    bong bong

any of them is all good!

Bun the rest of you guys!

Votes are in.

Committee members are.
    Azza
    Chopperbyrne
    Doctor Doom
    Dreddybajs
    Mr Kyle

If anyone of these people can not participate in the committee, Orim is next in line follwed by Jimeatsmenu.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement