Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long will mince last???

Options
  • 04-06-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

As the tile says. I have a bag of mince beef in the fridge for 2 days. How long before i have to use it or could i freeze it now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

Hey, I asked a butcher this before and he told me that if it's not vacum sealed (pre packed from Dunnes etc) then you are better off using it the day after you buy it. I wouldn't think it is ok to freeze now because isn't the rule "freeze on day of purchase" - I think anyway! What I normally do is buy say 20euro of mince and freeze in portions, you can cook then straight from frozen - before that I was constantly throwing away gone off meat. Hope this helps :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Rockfish wrote: »
    As the tile says. I have a bag of mince beef in the fridge for 2 days. How long before i have to use it or could i freeze it now?

3 or 4 days as a rule but smell it, you should know when it goes off if it starts to smell. If you're not going to use it tomorrow or the following day at the latest then freeze it.

Advertisement