Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help picking a phone

Options
  • 04-06-2010 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

I have a HD2 but I am driven to drink with it, the flipping phone keeps hitting off buttons during calls so I am considering giving up with it :( anyway I am just looking for advice on other phones and what is best to go for... I will probably look on adverts.ie for any suggestions you give me :)

• What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth) - decent camera, good size screen, touch screen would be nice but not ideal
    • Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE - mobile internet is really important for me as I use it a lot, need to be able to run twitter applications and browse internet easily, needs to have wifi & 3g.
    • Operator - have you an operator preference - O2 if possible but can get phone unlocked
    • Price range - pay up to around 200/250 euro on adverts.
    Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Samsung Jet for that price maybe? I have one, not too bad if you flash it to latest firmware.

I always use this phone finder thingy:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

HTC desire, it's a nicer size than the HD2 and will do what you want, pricewise it may be slightly higher than you want to pay but you should get a fair price for a HD2.
    SAmsung also have a new model coming out, think it's called Galaxy (not the older model) or wave, it's pretty sweet has a cool "swipe" text feature makes writing texts even faster, also a super amelod screen so it's similiar quality to the HD2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Galaxy S or Galaxy A? :p
    Galaxy S looks great but won't be out for a fortnight (expansys says 17th June, and €584!! :eek: )
    http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=198072

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I can't afford to buy a sim free one from say Expansys, I will be buying from adverts probably.

Samsung Jet I thought would be a step back from what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

How about a Plam Pre? Can do all of the above in its sleep and can multitask, and the gestures are brilliant. After using it when I go use my itouch i find myself swiping the screen and getting frustrated as the UI is nowhere near as good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

angel01 wrote: »
    I have a HD2 but I am driven to drink with it, the flipping phone keeps hitting off buttons during calls so I am considering giving up with it :( anyway I am just looking for advice on other phones and what is best to go for... I will probably look on adverts.ie for any suggestions you give me :)

• What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth) - decent camera, good size screen, touch screen would be nice but not ideal
    • Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE - mobile internet is really important for me as I use it a lot, need to be able to run twitter applications and browse internet easily, needs to have wifi & 3g.
    • Operator - have you an operator preference - O2 if possible but can get phone unlocked
    • Price range - pay up to around 200/250 euro on adverts.
    Cheers :)

In 250 u cant upgrade, even the phone u r having its worth of 300 or more, if u can go a bit up from ur budget then u might get wat u want, i would not recommend u to go up at the moment. hd2, desire, iphone 3gs r the topnotch at the moment. it all depends on the user wat platform he/she likes, every platform have its own pros and cons. next iphone expected this year, Samsung galaxy is coming soon and v expect HTC to go up from 5 mp to 8mp and 1 gig pro to 1.2 at least as flash is making its way to android.

if u wana get rid of hd2 in any case then try to swap ur hd2 with desire or 3gs, or if u dont want one of them and wana go for some thing cheaper, in that case u should go for htc hero. :cool:

How about a Plam Pre? Can do all of the above in its sleep and can multitask, and the gestures are brilliant. After using it when I go use my itouch i find myself swiping the screen and getting frustrated as the UI is nowhere near as good!

Web OS is no doubt brilliant, but Palm Pres hardware is like not as brilliant as it should be, HP bought Palm , v hope HP now gives us some nice and sexy hardware to use web os, only thing palm dont have much apps in its app store.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

masker wrote: »
    Web OS is no doubt brilliant, but Palm Pres hardware is like not as brilliant as it should be, HP bought Palm , v hope HP now gives us some nice and sexy hardware to use web os, only thing palm dont have much apps in its app store.:cool:

Ya rumours are HP are going to launch a tablet (like ipad) using weOS which would be awesome as its waaaay better than iphone OS! The app store is improving every day in fairness

i used palm pre and i like the OS very much but i was disappointed with the hardware, the design, it looks very cheap, i would like to see palm coming up with some cool stuff and give tuff time to apple and google :rolleyes:

Advertisement