Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclone to hit Ireland???

Options
  • 04-06-2010 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Was chatting with a friend on FB who is in Pakistan and had to leave the computer and deal with something and came back to find this message
    everything fine waitin to see if ye are goin to get this cyclone think its not goin to b dat bad prob a lot of rain lets see

She was offline though when I came back so couldn't ask her what she meant?

I've googled and looked at Met Eireann but can't see anything referring to it. Has she gone nuts or have any of you heard anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I'm sure she meant "we" instead of "ye" :D

It's going to hit Pakistan soon.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055928139

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Thanks, I was a bit mystified. Should have figured it out. She's in Karachi and I saw from that thread it will probably miss there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Was chatting with a friend on FB who is in Pakistan and had to leave the computer and deal with something and came back to find this message

She was offline though when I came back so couldn't ask her what she meant?

I've googled and looked at Met Eireann but can't see anything referring to it. Has she gone nuts or have any of you heard anything?
    Wanna go to a party? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Only if they are playing 70s music, dearie. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Just to wrap up, this storm (Phet) moved across the coast of Pakistan yesterday just to the southeast of Karachi and is now dissipating in the Punjab region well inland. According to news reports it brought heavy rain and winds up to 70 mph in parts of coastal Pakistan and northwest India, was more of a rain than wind event for Karachi, and previously gave very heavy rainfalls in Oman.

• Advertisement
Advertisement