Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Android handset

• 04-06-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭

was thinking about getting the desire as it is obviously awesome but trouble is everyone has one now. Anything a bit more original but just as good/better I could get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The Nexus One would be the same but with stock Android, touch sensitive instead of hard buttons on the bottom and a bit more difficult to get hold of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

The Nexus One would be the same but with stock Android, touch sensitive instead of hard buttons on the bottom and a bit more difficult to get hold of

Thanks, might look into that so. What's stock Android though?

Theres no HTC Sense interface so a lot of the default apps like music,email,contacts & messaging are more basic(theres always alternatives though).This can be a downside depending on what you prefer but the upside is since the handset manufacturer doesnt have to customise it you get newer versions faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The Desire isn't all as common as you think.

It only seems that way because this is after all the Android forum ;)

That said, the nearest match to the Desire would be the Nexus One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

samsung galaxy S maybe worth a look if any of the irish carriers take it up

• Advertisement

samsung galaxy S maybe worth a look if any of the irish carriers take it up
    That's pretty good as well but bear in mind it won't have as much developer support as HTC phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

The Desire isn't all as common as you think.

It only seems that way because this is after all the Android forum ;)

That said, the nearest match to the Desire would be the Nexus One.

True. I haven't seen anyone using one whilst out and about. Saw one girl using a legend.
    budgemook wrote: »
    was thinking about getting the desire as it is obviously awesome but trouble is everyone has one now. Anything a bit more original but just as good/better I could get?

In any case why is everyone having one 'trouble'. If its a good phone who cares who else has it

True. I haven't seen anyone using one whilst out and about. Saw one girl using a legend.

In any case why is everyone having one 'trouble'. If its a good phone who cares who else has it
    The only other person I know who has an Android phone is a mate of mine. He got his Desire the day after he saw my Desire :D

I haven't seen anyone else with an Android phone let alone a Desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

I am the proud owner of a Nexus one and I have to saw il delighted with it, much better than an iPhone (IMO of course!) Google street view, good voice search, 5 megapixel camera, unlocked, etc etc!! Im on it the whole time, its a drain on my social life!!! If anyone has any q's on it let me know

The only other person I know who has an Android phone is a mate of mine. He got his Desire the day after he saw my Desire :D

I haven't seen anyone else with an Android phone let alone a Desire.
    Including me with my friends theres 3 desires,2 legends,a hero and a G1.
    My old G1 started a revolution :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Compared to the iphone the Desire is still very 'exclusive'. Even last night I was in a bar and a girl sitting nearby asked was it "worth it for the apps?" and I had to correct her on it not being an iphone. Was hard to explain the differences without sounding like a total geek. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

HTC Desire, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Cianos wrote: »
    Was hard to explain the differences without sounding like a total geek. :pac:
    Just tell 'em "it's Google's competitor." I usually get either a sort of disappointed, pitying look, an "oh right" followed by a change of topic, or very occasionally interested questions. Although from time to time the word 'Nexus' gets thrown in there somewhere.

Any of those reactions beat the "Huh?" I invariably used to get when I told them "it's a HTC Hero" :p

Advertisement