Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

when was my xbox last used?

• 04-06-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭

Is it possible for me to check when my xbox was last switched on or off?
    I know in some computers/websites/consoles you get a welcome message like, " welcome back you last logged on on xdate/ x days ago"

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

aodhu wrote: »
    Is it possible for me to check when my xbox was last switched on or off?
    I know in some computers/websites/consoles you get a welcome message like, " welcome back you last logged on on xdate/ x days ago"

Any ideas?

The only thing i can think of is if you are on live your friends can see when you were last online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

Not using live. Just looking for usage statics. See when the little fella last switched the console on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Not getting his RDA of video games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

you could go into the system tab, memory, games, and have a look at the time stamps on the game saves, most games these days auto save and i'm sure he would want to save his game anyway

calex71 wrote: »
    you could go into the system tab, memory, games, and have a look at the time stamps on the game saves, most games these days auto save and i'm sure he would want to save his game anyway

Yeah but the op isnt on live so unless they set the date and time everytime they power on the xbox all the game saves will be a certain date 2005

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GAAman wrote: »
    Yeah but the op isnt on live so unless they set the date and time everytime they power on the xbox all the game saves will be a certain date 2005

Only if you plug it out if I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

yeah, but if they can't remember it's probably been unplugged a few times ;)

I second the gamesave idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

yeah just go to this website and replace my gamertag 'defenastration' with your gamertag at the end of the url..... http://profile.mygamercard.net/defenastration

it may take an hour or two to register your gamertag as a result, but it will tell you when you were last online (i think :p)

Not quite the question that was asked which was when the console was last used. It can be used without connecting to Live ;)

In short op there doesnt seem to be a way to check this accurately if live isnt being used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 axxxo

You could always try asing the little fella :) But as said, no way of knowing unless it has been connected to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

nevermind so :o:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭bren2002

Go into Game Library, the games are list in order of last use. There is a value there, for last date played.

cardnxeInterface.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

Hi bren2002, that's exactly what I'm looking for but it doesn't show up on my xbox?

The closest I can get to the screen shot is by selecting my account, the second option between Play and Game Library. (2 of 8) Game library looks completly different to the screen shot, with the games listed vertically :(

Ive and 360 elite. Is this something that needs to be configured/enabled?

aodhu wrote: »
    Hi bren2002, that's exactly what I'm looking for but it doesn't show up on my xbox?

The closest I can get to the screen shot is by selecting my account, the second option between Play and Game Library. (2 of 8) Game library looks completly different to the screen shot, with the games listed vertically :(

Ive and 360 elite. Is this something that needs to be configured/enabled?

The xbox 360 has no battery inside it to keep the clock set. There are two ways to set the clock - manually, or when you connect to xbox live it will happen automatically. If you ever plug out the xbox or it loses power the clock will reset to 2005. In other words, even looking at the recent games list, you could have games with a last played of 2005 even though you just played them yesterday.

There is no reliable way to tell unless you know with absolute certainty the console has never lost power and the time was always correct.

Advertisement