Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberal arts?

Options
  • 04-06-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Does anyone do it here?Would really like some insight into what sort of course it is...thinking about lashing down on my CAO but I can't really make out what it is from the piece of **** prospectus

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Minnesota

Liberal Arts is an umbrella term for several different courses. Political science, History of Art, English, History, Anthropology, Irish, Languages, are examples of Liberal arts. So you need to decied are you doing Business, Science, or Liberal arts. Liberal arts will give you a BA and science and business usually are BS degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=15?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=13422

Well I'm thoroughly confused,it says its a different degree here?Or is it just an umbrella term as you said?

Sorry if I seem overly stupid.LC stress and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Minnesota

I looked at your link.

You are applying for an integrated course since it is three years BA and one year MA. Most people have to do four years to have an BA and another year for the MA. Your course is faster and probably harder. Since it is special I can see why it might not be on the CAO site.

Liberal arts is an umbrella term which confused me too when I started school!

This is your liberal arts course: Arts (i.e. humanities) / Social Science / Community

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can type in your course code to find it, which is "Course Code DN056."

I hope that works!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Here's the web link for the specific course if it's of any help: Liberal Arts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

jfrmbray wrote: »
    Does anyone do it here?Would really like some insight into what sort of course it is...thinking about lashing down on my CAO but I can't really make out what it is from the piece of **** prospectus

Thanks in advance

That's usually a bad sign for a course. Personally I wouldn't do it, better off doing an arts degree in a subject, it's broad enough as it is. Take electives in a few things and you'll be grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement