Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Message times always one hour behind.

Options
  • 04-06-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

I'm a Meteor customer and for a long time now my message times are always one hour behind.

A message that I actually receive at 6pm will say that I received it at 5pm.
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I'm a Meteor customer and for a long time now my message times are always one hour behind.

A message that I actually receive at 6pm will say that I received it at 5pm.
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks.

Some phones show the message time as set by your network not the received time on your phone. If your phones settings (time zone \ locale) are different that the network it could cause it or the network might be set incorrectly

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Change your time and date settings to auto update and switch the phone on and off. When you manually set the timezone on your phone for example 1700 gmt+0 and then clocks go forward, if you just change the time to 1800 and leave it at gmt+0 instead of gmt+1 your sms will appear an hour behind. The network is always spot on but if manual settings are incorrect it causes a conflict.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Enable the summertime option in your phone date/time settings, this should sort it.

Advertisement