Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia C5

Options
  • 04-06-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

I'm lovin the compactness of this phone even if it looks like its 5 years old.

But...

Can anybody help me increase the volume for listening to music though? Its really low like i hear many Nokia's from last few years. is there headphones that will help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

I am looking at this particular phone for a replacement to my beleagured 6300. I have a a couple of questions about which I hope you might be able to answer:

Where did you purchase it??
    How are you finding the phone-operating wise etc.,?
    Are the buttons as big as they seem in the photos.
    Any other info about it would be helpful.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

I am looking at this particular phone for a replacement to my beleagured 6300. I have a a couple of questions about which I hope you might be able to answer:

Where did you purchase it??
    How are you finding the phone-operating wise etc.,?
    Are the buttons as big as they seem in the photos.
    Any other info about it would be helpful.
    Cheers!

I'm in Thailand at the moment so I bought it in Bangkok which i doubt is much help to you.
    It seems to run everything really quick, only have a week and internet, call quality camera etc all seem perfect. Suppose this is a budget smart phone but it does what I want it to do and looks like a sturdy build which is important to me.
    Yep big buttons.
    Sorry not really a phone expert, i bought this as a back up internet connection phone and a music player as it takes up to 16gb cards (2gb supplied). Only let down is noise volume not quality which seems to be an issue with most nokia's lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Expansys say the grey version of the C5 is expected to be realeased on the 11th of June as shown here: http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=196935

No word however on the release date of the white version.

sorry wasnt trying to boast i didnt know it would not be out in ireland. ya its a tidy little phone. any help on earphones though? i see that there has been similar problems in last few years for nokias. Help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

been watching this phone with interest for a while now. Not sure if its a really good phone in disguise or if its going to wreck my head if i get it.

Can you switch of the facebook and internet parts of the phone or are they all build in and just going to be in the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I'm lovin the compactness of this phone even if it looks like its 5 years old.

But...

Can anybody help me increase the volume for listening to music though? Its really low like i hear many Nokia's from last few years. is there headphones that will help?

Seeing you bought the phone in Thailand i am not sure if this or something similar is the case for your phone.
    But there is some EU regulation that music coming from devices likes phones and other portable music players dont exceed a certain amount of db's.
    I have the Nokia 5800 and it is indeed volume on 100% most of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

check here you can import it tis very cheap

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_c5-3122.php
    look at check price section:)

Just a quick update, the phone i got was faulty and the music player is working fine with the new one. Have the phone one month and no other problems.

• Advertisement

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I have one and it's a decent phone. Charges over USB as well.

It's very slim and tidy sized. The GPS is fast on it and you don't need to have any of the internet based apps turned on unless you want to.

The screen is on the small side though. Got it as a secondary phone and it does what it promises.

this phone has proven to be a bit problematic

useful info
    DONT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE IT DRASTICALLY REDUCES THE VOLUME:eek:

Was thinking of getting this phone, seems to be good reviews?
    Mostly look for calls/texts/few pictures anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

jimmynokia wrote: »
    this phone has proven to be a bit problematic

useful info
    DONT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE IT DRASTICALLY REDUCES THE VOLUME:eek:

What software version had you or have you now?

I tried to get it unlocked in town but they would have to send away for a code and cost €30 .
    Phones a bit light feeling the gps is v.good. Sound volume as with all nokias is a bit low .

running on the first firmware,there has only been one update and dont do it
    you cant unlock newer models anymore the only way is to get the code from the operator

Advertisement