Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ies Shoddy Battle thread

Options
  • 04-06-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

I think it's time we got into this. Shoddy Battle is a Pokémon Battle simulator that is free to download and use. It would be a great way for players to battle online, in real time with each other without having to spend 3 weeks EVing up a team.

Think of it dream team planning and proper testing before doing all the leg work on the DS games.

Anyone else up for this?

Main Page and Download

Does anyone know how to make/run a server? It's all double Dutch to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'll be up for this.
    Is it only battles?

I'm in Niamh's house right now so I can't download it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Oh yeah, I dabbled in this a few weeks ago but I was schooled! Could be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

It's just battles, but it also has a "make random team" button, which should keep things interesting.

I was thinking we could get our own Boards.ies server and practice on there before hopping to the like of Smogon. I know nothing about making servers though, but I'm sure others do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Server guide here. Not quite my forté :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'll have a play around when I get home and on my own computer and see if I can get a server up and running, I'd be up for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

I should be able host a server, should have it running in a few minutes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Thomas-G wrote: »
    I should be able host a server, should have it running in a few minutes :)

EDIT: Actually I just realised I'm booting into windows a lot lately to play Civ 4, might not be the best candidate. If anyone has a computer that's always-on though (preferably running ubuntu) I'd be happy to help them though.

Okay, I'm giving this a try now. Will report back on how it goes :D

Okay, I'm giving this a try now. Will report back on how it goes :D
    Thank you. See what you can do ^_^

If we can't get our own server running, we could always hi-jack Smogon's or something ^_^

Okay I got halfway there but messed it all up D:

I'll give it a try again tomorrow when I'm not tired :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

Okay I got halfway there but messed it all up D:

I'll give it a try again tomorrow when I'm not tired :D

Think I've got it running. Or it seems that way, I at least can connect.

Try 79.97.67.72 - no promises about longterm stability, this is a "usually on" machine as
    opposed to an "always on" machine. Terms and conditions apply, the value of your mortgage
    may go down as well as up. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

What's the host and port?

What's the host and port?

Goddam I'm stupid sometimes. Host 79.97.67.72, and port 2852. Sorry 'bout that.

El Nick wrote: »
    Goddam I'm stupid sometimes. Host 79.97.67.72, and port 2852. Sorry 'bout that.
    Thank you El Nick! This is awesome! I'll try it when I'm not in an airport or sleep deprived or both ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I downloaded it before VGC and had a lot fun making a team, but I couldn't find the option for double battles anywhere so I left it. I must give it another go tonight!

I've managed to get logged in and it seems to be running for me now, thank you El Nick ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Why is no one ever online when I'm online?

Come online and fight me!
    Grr.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Why is no one ever online when I'm online?

Come online and fight me!
    Grr.

Having lost in spectacular fashion now to both BuzzTheBatGirl and atavan-halen I look forward to losing against as many opponents as possible :)

Might be a good idea if we post up times we can make it online so we can spend more time organising matches and less time waiting for partners? I suspect my "regular" hours could be Tuesday and Wednesday 7pm-9pm, but I'm trying to make it on as often as possible in these early days to meet people!

Just to say I'm going to be away from the house for a couple of days, so the Shoddy server will be down until Sunday I should think. Sorry for the late notice and inconvenience!

Advertisement