Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox HDMI Blue screen

• 04-06-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,613 ✭✭✭✭

Just bought an Xbox on adverts. It only has the HDMI cable (for now) gonna grab the other one in a few days.

Preferably however I would like to get started right away.

Anyway I can't get the HDMI to work, my powerpoint piece of **** tv just keeps blue screening. I know it is recieving input because when I remove the HDMI cable to says no input and goes from blue to black.

I think I need to enable hd on the xbox, but how can I do that without being able to see menus?

Anyone suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

errlloyd wrote: »
    Just bought an Xbox on adverts. It only has the HDMI cable (for now) gonna grab the other one in a few days.

Preferably however I would like to get started right away.

Anyway I can't get the HDMI to work, my powerpoint piece of **** tv just keeps blue screening. I know it is recieving input because when I remove the HDMI cable to says no input and goes from blue to black.

I think I need to enable hd on the xbox, but how can I do that without being able to see menus?

Anyone suggestions?

Can you borrow the other cable from a friend even just to check? If not when you do get the cable yourself you can select the settings not only in the xbox menu but also on the cable itself there is a little switch (not on the hdmi cable)

http://img381.imageshack.us/i/cableswitch5ia.jpg/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,613 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah the lad on the phone told me about this switch. As you say though its not on the HDMI cable.

Is the process for turning the Xbox to HDMI difficult. Could someone basically just post which buttons I need to press to navigate the menus properly.

I know I'm asking a lot, I would love that person forever.

Yeah the lad on the phone told me about this switch. As you say though its not on the HDMI cable.

Is the process for turning the Xbox to HDMI difficult. Could someone basically just post which buttons I need to press to navigate the menus properly.

I know I'm asking a lot, I would love that person forever.

One sec will do it now and post (although you can leave out the love part :p)

ok let it start up then rest give it like 30 seconds

on the controller press the right shoulder button twice then press the A (green) button

press A button twice here

press up once and then press A

If you still dont have a picture turn off your xbox and run through those steps again except in the last one press up twice

now it doesnt let you pick sdtv through the hdmi so you have the hd options though i suspect maybe your tv doesnt support the one being selected (for example mine goes to 1080i but wont show 1080p

Try that and let me know

Ok, sorry I was waiting for notification email so didn't say thanks as soon as posted. Give me a second while I try this out.

• Advertisement

OH YOU ****ING HERO

OH YOU ****ING HERO

HAHA glad to be of help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

Hey Dude,

You are great guy, just saying to everyone that read this post KEEP UP LIKE GAAMAN and make adverts the best forum ever

Helping each other thats the way to go !!!!!

Advertisement