Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Tramore Road Roundabout Today

• 04-06-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Was approaching Tramore Road Roundabout this evening,was passed out by a nice high performance car,anyway at the roundabout a chap was attempting to cross the road,the bloke in the car nearly ploughed into him as he was speeding.The pedestrian was not pleased to say the least and started waving his hands at the driver.The driver pulled up ,no shirt on,built like a brick house,thought heres trouble.The driver of the car to the pedestrian,"have you got a problem or something" Then the piste de resistance,"Do you know who i am,?" "I am (mentioned his name well known traveler family)" "I OWN this town!!!" I drove on,and though better of having my say:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I'd have said "yeah well you aren't in the town you're on the Tramore road ya C**T"..hate that bullying ****e..and i'm a woman but i'd kick him in the balls..i've a temper like that and road rage that you wouldnt believe at time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I'd have said "yeah well you aren't in the town you're on the Tramore road ya C**T"..hate that bullying ****e..and i'm a woman but i'd kick him in the balls..i've a temper like that and road rage that you wouldnt believe at time:D

I think he mentioned about burning his house down good luck with that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

decies wrote: »

A Great reply to anyone like that is "F*ck off or I'll burn your house to the axles" It confuses the sh*t out of them for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would have just Jedi mind tricked him, wave hand and say back into your car.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Clearly him "owning this time" means he is exempt from all national and international laws and by-laws, this explains why its ok for him to almost mow down a person crossing the road
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Well if I was treated as well as him and his family by the Gardai and Courts ,I might think I Owned the town as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

his pieball pony must have been goin some break neck speed was it?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Well done on getting another thread locked guys :rolleyes:

IBTL and all that

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thread cleaned up, lets keep things back on topic please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Both Giles Lynchwood and Jack Burton are banned for a week.

Everyone knows the rules when it comes to these threads by now and most can discuss it without resorting to stupid bigoted comments. Consider this the only warning there will be.

Now my IBTL comment looks totally out of place :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I'd have said 'Do you know who I am?'
    'Eh no boss'
    'Well how are you gonna burn my fcuken house down then?'

gscully wrote: »
    I'd have said 'Do you know who I am?'
    'Eh no boss'
    'Well how are you gonna burn my fcuken house down then?'

I hope youd be a strong man scully this bloke wasn,t taking any back chat,the pedestrain was more likely apoligising for being nearly knocked down :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I drove on,and though better of having my say:(

I'm not getting onto you OP but this is the sort of attitude that lets people like this get away with sh*t like that. Personally if that guy started on the pedestrian I'd like to see every other driver get out of their cars and back the pedestrian up.

But unfortunately when it comes to confrontation, especially with known travellers, everyone is worried about themselves, which is fair enough as you're looking after your own safety.

But at then end of the day people have no right to complain about this kind of behaviour if they're not willing to do something about it.

Again I must stress I'm not getting on to you OP. I can safely say everyone that saw that incident stayed in their cars and just drove by. No point one person making a stand if nobody else will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Is there any legitimate reason why they are left to carry on like this without being arrested? Is the Law too weak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

The minority card is pulled and since the world is so PC these days, full punishment is not enforced in case it comes back to bite them in the ass.

Because travellers are not prosecuted, they feel they can get away with anything, hence, owning this town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

wobbles wrote: »
    The minority card is pulled and since the world is so PC these days, full punishment is not enforced in case it comes back to bite them in the ass.

Because travellers are not prosecuted, they feel they can get away with anything, hence, owning this town.

If that is the case it is bloody wrong on so many different levels!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭500sel

I'm down here for the weekend and thought there seemed to be an unusually high number of ethnic minority's around ( Is that pc enough?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Town is flooded with them. They come over from England for the summer to relations. Its a tradition

If you think Waterford is bad during the summer you should check out Tralee and Limerick :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

wobbles wrote: »

No feeling about it, they can get away with anything, well once they take a little photo shaking hands all crimes will be forgiven

I wonder if I threw half of them into the river and found a settled community to shake my hand on the front of the News and Star would I get away with it? Or if I got half of Waterford to shake my hand even?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Was approaching Tramore Road Roundabout this evening,was passed out by a nice high performance car,anyway at the roundabout a chap was attempting to cross the road,the bloke in the car nearly ploughed into him as he was speeding.The pedestrian was not pleased to say the least and started waving his hands at the driver.The driver pulled up ,no shirt on,built like a brick house,thought heres trouble.The driver of the car to the pedestrian,"have you got a problem or something" Then the piste de resistance,"Do you know who i am,?" "I am (mentioned his name well known traveler family)" "I OWN this town!!!" I drove on,and though better of having my say:(
    did u get the reg? did it have a towbar..........:)

Hoffmans wrote: »
    did u get the reg? did it have a towbar..........:)

The words well known to the police probably come to mind in these situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I'm not getting onto you OP but this is the sort of attitude that lets people like this get away with sh*t like that. Personally if that guy started on the pedestrian I'd like to see every other driver get out of their cars and back the pedestrian up.

But unfortunately when it comes to confrontation, especially with known travellers, everyone is worried about themselves, which is fair enough as you're looking after your own safety.

But at then end of the day people have no right to complain about this kind of behaviour if they're not willing to do something about it.

Again I must stress I'm not getting on to you OP. I can safely say everyone that saw that incident stayed in their cars and just drove by. No point one person making a stand if nobody else will.

I agree but it will never happen and unfortunately i know someone who ended up in A&E just cause a young member of a family started abusing his girlfriend , the man (who didnt know who they were) told them where to go and pushed them off his girlfriend , within 5 min the young boys had their older brothers pull up in cars with hurleys and pick axes and give him awful hiding .

This man beaten would be known around too , but it seems these travellers want their name ruling the city and will do everything possible to make it happen , and your right jonnyfingers until people all stand up together it wont stop .

But how do people know who will stand up for them especially in this kind of situation on tramore rd . After all the feuding over the years most people know travellers are well able to burn down houses or attack you with hardly no punishment if caught .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xonox

A neighbour of mine was mugged by one of these families in the last week. When he reported it to the gardai he was told that if he made an official complaint he would suffer unbearable harassment. If there is no consequences for their actions why wouldn't they behave like this.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

xonox wrote: »
    A neighbour of mine was mugged by one of these families in the last week. When he reported it to the gardai he was told that if he made an official complaint he would suffer unbearable harassment. If there is no consequences for their actions why wouldn't they behave like this.:mad:

Ye i reckon half the cops are afraid of them too, i know that during feud and even now when they get a call to a traveller fight or dispute they all wait in a location and meet up to go in cars and vans full ,

A pub was bein busted up on barrack st a while back with travellers fighting and the cops were sitting in a car park around corner waiting for their buddies to come first ,

Fight was well over when cops finally got their about 10-15 min later :rolleyes: imagine the damage or injurys that could of bein done to innocent people in that time while cops held back.

I understand they cant risk bein out numbered but when cops are called by someone, i think they expect them to arrive straight away even its only 1 car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I honestly get the feeling that until a vigilante-style group is set up to deal with nonsense like this, those thugs will have the run of the town and things will get worse.

I have no faith in the justice system or those who 'enforce' it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

xonox wrote: »
    I hope Waterford doesn't turn into a Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

Some of the posts here are painting a scary picture of today's society :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

C_Dawg wrote: »
    Some of the posts here are painting a scary picture of today's society :(

It's a number of problems all compounded by each other, the scum know how far they can push the law without ever getting in bother, the cops themselves are too f*cking lazy to actually enforce the law, so the bar gets raised for the scum to push the law to. The cops then complain they have no authority or respect but yet they do nothing or very little to earn it from the public.

Advertisement