Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Tramore Road Roundabout Today

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I was driving past the old Waterford Crystal factory yesterday and saw a car parked in the lay-by across from the Topaz garage. Outside there was a guy absolutely beating the crap out of another guy. Four of his friends were laughing and waiting for him in the car. As I was reaching them the guy caught the other fella by the scruff of his neck, lowered his head and viciously kneed him in the face, throwing him backwards and completely off his feet.

I started beeping the horn. Seems that was the end of the fight anyway as the guy started to walk back to the car, smiling. As I drove passed I slowed down to get a good luck at the guy. He gave me a look as if to say "You next?". I made sure to make a mental image of what he looked like. The other guys in the car were giving me filthies as well.

The guy who got beaten up seemed to be somewhat ok as he got up and kept on walking away, he had a friend who came to help him as well. They both looked completely shocked.

I had to keep driving as there was plenty of traffic behind me but was disappointed that I couldn't get the car licence plate number. But lo and behold as I reached the roundabout by the RSC up comes the car speeding next to me, stopping along side me to give me a few more dirty looks and a few choice words. Worked out well as I got an even better look at everyone in the car and the licence plate of the car as it sped off!

Called Crimestoppers afterwards and reported as much as I could. I'm not confident the Gardai will even listen to the message I left but at least I can say I tried to do something.

It sickens me to see behaviour like this in Waterford. No need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Its unreal the attitude of these scumbags these days , they just think they can rule the streets by beating people up , you done right jonny , do you feel they were pulling up beside you to intimidate you and would you know any of them to see? even give the car type out here so others can watch out for the scum , they could just go around in cars picking on and robbing people .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

I was driving past the old Waterford Crystal factory yesterday and saw a car parked in the lay-by across from the Topaz garage. Outside there was a guy absolutely beating the crap out of another guy. Four of his friends were laughing and waiting for him in the car. As I was reaching them the guy caught the other fella by the scruff of his neck, lowered his head and viciously kneed him in the face, throwing him backwards and completely off his feet.

I started beeping the horn. Seems that was the end of the fight anyway as the guy started to walk back to the car, smiling. As I drove passed I slowed down to get a good luck at the guy. He gave me a look as if to say "You next?". I made sure to make a mental image of what he looked like. The other guys in the car were giving me filthies as well.

The guy who got beaten up seemed to be somewhat ok as he got up and kept on walking away, he had a friend who came to help him as well. They both looked completely shocked.

I had to keep driving as there was plenty of traffic behind me but was disappointed that I couldn't get the car licence plate number. But lo and behold as I reached the roundabout by the RSC up comes the car speeding next to me, stopping along side me to give me a few more dirty looks and a few choice words. Worked out well as I got an even better look at everyone in the car and the licence plate of the car as it sped off!

Called Crimestoppers afterwards and reported as much as I could. I'm not confident the Gardai will even listen to the message I left but at least I can say I tried to do something.

It sickens me to see behaviour like this in Waterford. No need for it.
    fair play to ya boy

i used work doin security few years back in lisduggan sc and used get threatened the whole time by these families of thugs saying they,ll come back and shoot me and all this crap and i just used go as close as i could to em and say " of ya go get your gun and come back i,ll be waiting for ya" it used confuse the **** outta them as they thought they were scaring me when in fact they were,nt

jo06555 wrote: »
    Its unreal the attitude of these scumbags these days , they just think they can rule the streets by beating people up , you done right jonny , do you feel they were pulling up beside you to intimidate you and would you know any of them to see? even give the car type out here so others can watch out for the scum , they could just go around in cars picking on and robbing people .

They were probably trying to intimidate me but they didn't do a very good job to be honest. :D

The car was a bottle green '98 Corolla, 4-door. As for the lads inside, just looked like the typical lads who wear tracksuits with the ends tucked into their socks, dodgy haircuts and a few gold chains around their necks and gold rings on their fingers. All early 20's I'd say, maybe even some under 20. So that narrows it down to a couple of thousand in Waterford I'd say! :D

Didn't recognise anyone but then again I wouldn't exactly know all the scumbags in town to see them!

Got a bit of a fright today though, as when I arrived home there was 3 motorbike gardai outside my house after stopping a green car. Was a BMW though! Thought I'm might have had some visitors! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

3 motorcycle garda and a bmw,sure it was not a member of the goverment community.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

About a year ago a fella seriously assaulted one of my friends, the gardai arrested the man and released him without charge. My friend then saw the guy down town and called them again sayin look your man is here the fella that assaulted me will ya come down and get em.
    Nothing ever happened of it.
    Now I wasnt around at the time but I've come to realise that you cannot turn to the law, we the normal respectable people of ireland, out number scumbags at least 100/1 yet we do not seem to realise this, we just sit down on our message boards goin "ah the law dont do anything, il just watch while some fella gets beatin to death and cry help" we need to all unite and the next time a scumbag nearly knocks a fella down and then gets out of the car to "sort him out" we all need to stop our cars, head over to the gurrier and sort him out with a few slaps.
    As I said I wasnt around for when me friend got attacked but if my friends point him out to me, someone will be following him home with a hurley and they will break his legs, I suggest other people in similar situations take up the same attitude, otherwise itl be 2099 and we'll still just be sitting at our computers complaining about "all the scumbags".

O Riain wrote: »
    About a year ago a fella seriously assaulted one of my friends, the gardai arrested the man and released him without charge. My friend then saw the guy down town and called them again sayin look your man is here the fella that assaulted me will ya come down and get em.
    Nothing ever happened of it.

A few years back myself, the girlfriend and two of her friends who were visiting from England were at the old cinema in town. I was parked out the back in the car park and as I was driving out this guy threw a bollard full force at the side of the car putting quite a large dent in the back side door. He was standing there screaming at me, crazed. I went to get out and deal with him but my girlfriend asked me not to start trouble when her friends were there. They were in the back and were in a bit of shock. And the guy who threw the bollard definitely looked like he was on something, he had that crazy look in his eyes. So instead I drove to the Garda station around the corner, it took one minute.

I went inside, explained what happened to the Garda on duty, how my car was damaged and told him the guy who did it is only around the corner and looked like he was off his head on drugs so he could be a danger to others out in town, could someone please go and pick him up.

Unbelievably he said there was nothing he could do. He was on his own in the station and nobody was closeby so he couldn't leave. I asked could he not just call the closest squad car to take a spin down to where he is? He said no. I asked then what I was supposed to do? Someone had intentionally damaged my car, it happened around the corner from the police station and the guy is most likely still there. He suggested that I go and "arrest" him myself and bring him up to the station.

I told him I don't get paid to do his job and left. Had to fork out over €300 to get the damage repaired and didn't even get so much as an apology from the Garda for being totally useless.

As I said I wasnt around for when me friend got attacked but if my friends point him out to me, someone will be following him home with a hurley and they will break his legs, I suggest other people in similar situations take up the same attitude, otherwise itl be 2099 and we'll still just be sitting at our computers complaining about "all the scumbags".

The main reason their are so many feuds in waterford lately is because of familys fighting and sorting "things out their own way" while i agree no one should stand by when someone is bein attacked id stop clear of going after them with hurleys to attack them , do you mean you would walk up to a traveller or well known family name and break his two legs with no consequences for you later on?

They would not just leave it lie imo, then what, it will become another mini feud of tit for tat beatings like what these boys are doin right now until one day it goes too far and someone dies . i dont fully disagree with you but just take one look at gangs in limerick , i know we not near as bad but the gangs up their simply shoot people who try to stand up to them and law still dont stop them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

...and law still dont stop them.

Why would it stop them, they know they'll be let out in a few months.

I say put them all on some island off the west (after a fair trial) with a fishing rod each and let them 'sort it out themselves'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

dayshah wrote: »
    Why would it stop them, they know they'll be let out in a few months.

I say put them all on some island off the west (after a fair trial) with a fishing rod each and let them 'sort it out themselves'.

pitch that idea to rte

• Advertisement

Anyone hear of a shooting in ballybeg today??? i heard man was shot not serious , iv not heard anything on news so i didnt open new thread , around lunch time today i was told.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

The main reason their are so many feuds in waterford lately is because of familys fighting and sorting "things out their own way" while i agree no one should stand by when someone is bein attacked id stop clear of going after them with hurleys to attack them , do you mean you would walk up to a traveller or well known family name and break his two legs with no consequences for you later on?

They would not just leave it lie imo, then what, it will become another mini feud of tit for tat beatings like what these boys are doin right now until one day it goes too far and someone dies . i dont fully disagree with you but just take one look at gangs in limerick , i know we not near as bad but the gangs up their simply shoot people who try to stand up to them and law still dont stop them.

Yeah I know what your saying but the difference between my sorting it out and their sorting it out is that I would not initiate any violence thats for the scumbags to do and regret. Look its a highly ideological view and will never happen, my point really was to just say, we out number the scumbags and we cant rely on the law to help us. 99/100 people hate scumbags and if we could just realise this the problem would be solved. I knew a guy in school who stood up to a few travellers in red square while there was an absolute heap of fellas from the school there, the travellers put him in hospital without any qualms from the other school lads, at the best of times your average man is nothing more than your average coward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Now I wasnt around at the time but I've come to realise that you cannot turn to the law, we the normal respectable people of ireland, out number scumbags at least 100/1 yet we do not seem to realise this, we just sit down on our message boards goin "ah the law dont do anything, il just watch while some fella gets beatin to death and cry help" we need to all unite and the next time a scumbag nearly knocks a fella down and then gets out of the car to "sort him out" we all need to stop our cars, head over to the gurrier and sort him out with a few slaps.

The problem is that scumbags hunt in packs like the cowards that they are. You won't find them up to mischief alone. We, the 'normal respectable' people will be minding our own business, not expecting trouble as we haven't invited it.

If we organised a vigilante group and tried to stand up to the scum, we would be so far out of our comfort zones. Our consciences and better nature would dictate our actions. We wouldn't hit even the scummiest bloke over the head with a hurley for fear we'd actually do him harm, not to mention the fact that the law actually would prosecute us!

Our best option is a neighbourhood watch scheme, but one that actually works. Groups of volunteers on shifts driving around the trouble spots and trying to be a deterrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 williewalsh

My wife was once in a well known office suppliers in the city and was standing in a queue of about four people waiting to pay for her goods. A well-dressed man came into the shop, picked up a ream of paper and walked to the head of the queue (as the assistant was dealing with a customer), interrupted the transaction and proffered the money for the paper. The assistant told him that she was dealing with a customer and that he should join the queue. He retorted that he wanted to be served immediately to which she asked as to why she should serve him before the people who were there before him. He replied "BECAUSE I'M A VERY IMPORTANT PERSON."

And the fool served him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Well as the saying goes"there was only two things ever came out of wexford,strawberry's and traveller's and your no strawberry":D

Advertisement