Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky tonight wow

Options
  • 04-06-2010 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Anyone get a picture of the sky tonight?
    It had beautiful red clouds with a long red line going through it,kind of like a laser all the ways up from the west to the south east.
    Wish I had a camera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I just legged it out before the colours faded, so didn't get much. I literally had time for one shot!

4670269130_5112ec75ef.jpg

taken in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

It was a truly spectacular sunset this evening:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I only managed to catch the end of it I think, was amazing though (I'm in Clare)!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Nice pic indeed! Our June Gloom marine layer has burned off early today on the Pacific coast, and promises for a clear, cool night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I took a oouple snaps of the sunpillar
    Can see them here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭patrickk

photos taken last night over south east ,ellipse hole in sky around cloud was bizarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Mothman wrote: »
    I took a oouple snaps of the sunpillar
    Can see them here
    That's what I was on about,glad you got a picture of this,was beautiful.
    Great photo's lads.

digme wrote: »
    That's what I was on about,glad you got a picture of this,was beautiful.
    Great photo's lads.
    Where are you located?

I was heading out to finish up work when i saw this and quickly got camera. It actually stayed in view for quite a while

patrickk wrote: »
    photos taken last night over south east ,ellipse hole in sky around cloud was bizarre
    This was detailed in another thread here

I was down in cobh by the passage ferry.It was going from cork city really low in the horizon all the ways across the sky,was very unique.I seen some fella coming out of a pub loaded taken photos of it,that's when i seen it.
    Glad you got a photo of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Great pictures guys! Can't believe i missed it..studying:mad:

trogdor wrote: »
    Invent something amazing and we will forgive you :D

I was down in cobh by the passage ferry.It was going from cork city really low in the horizon all the ways across the sky,was very unique.I seen some fella coming out of a pub loaded taken photos of it,that's when i seen it.
    Glad you got a photo of it.
    You probably saw that my location is Wicklow, so interesting that conditions were similar in Cobh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

trogdor wrote: »

Tut Tut tut.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Anyone get a picture of the sky tonight?
    It had beautiful red clouds with a long red line going through it,kind of like a laser all the ways up from the west to the south east.
    Wish I had a camera.

Didn't notice anything special here at sunset but did notice that laser like streak of cirrus that seemed to slice over the altocumulus. Seem to be running in a SW to NE direction and centered to the north, probably somewhere over N Mayo or off the west coast of Donegal. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

deRanged wrote: »
    I just legged it out before the colours faded, so didn't get much. I literally had time for one shot!

4670269130_5112ec75ef.jpg

taken in Cork.

Altocumulus stratiformus, great colours, lovely shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Advertisement