Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling lamb direct

• 04-06-2010 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Is there a good market out there for selling boxed lamb direct, has any one bought some? did you get good value? are you interested ing buying direct? have you ever eat mountain lamb? have you noticed a difference in quality?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

saw a fella in the new point village market selling direct - whole or half. direct from his farm (wicklow). If you in the area you should tip in and see how he operates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

I know there are a few online butchers who sell direct to consumers.....this is one direct way of doing it.

http://www.jameswhelanbutchers.com/ProductList.aspx?SubCatID=19&sub_selectionid=0&SCATID=2&selection=1

Alternatively what about farmers markets?

I think in the current climate it's gonna be difficult to sell a product like this. One reason for this is the manner in which Supermarkets are selling meat. For example, Tesco are selling 600gm round steak minced for €5, they are also doing 3 for €10 on an assortment of protein choices (meat, chicken). I appreciate that your product is not going to compete on this basis, however consumers are more value (price) conscious and this includes meat which may make it difficult to get your product on punters shopping radar.

Hope this helps.....

Advertisement