Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eflow overcharge but changed address & got no letters

Options
  • 04-06-2010 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

After hearing radio show during the week talk about eflow i remembered i might have a outstanding toll. I contacted etoll and they have said that sometihng was passed to their solicitors. After long chat the usual scenario is 145 or so per trip (i made 2 on same day). Thing is i was living at one address (when i purchased the car) and then moved to rented accommodation but since then i have moved back to original address. All letters regarding toll was sent to rented address so i didnt get any reminder so ive to ring solicitor on tuesday and see exactly what figure it is i owe and tell them the my stance.

There's no way im paying 300 or so quid now,apart from not having it i didnt get letter(s) to remind me. Im prepared to go to court if required, but i am prepared to pay late fee also but not paying 98 for each trip going to solicitors.What a ride of a racket.Signed petition @ http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/eflow/ from another thread. Anyone any thoughts on what i can expect to hear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

I reckon the T&C's of usage will probably have them covered......drivers responsibilty to have personal details (address etc) up to date and how are they to know whether you received the letters or not etc....

But I would definately submit a formal complaint in writing. And I would advise sending it by registered post as that way you'll have proof of them receiving it.

I'd recommend that you contact the National Consumer Agency for further advice 1890 432 432.....you might be able to go to the Small Claims Court instead of seeking legal advice but im not 100% sure on that

Good Luck!!

Advertisement