Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrowind.

• 05-06-2010 12:54am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of playing morrowind but I'm worried about how it may have aged. Are there any mods that you would recommend that would improve the graphics of it like different texture packs or something like that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I'm thinking of playing morrowind but I'm worried about how it may have aged. Are there any mods that you would recommend that would improve the graphics of it like different texture packs or something like that.

Use this guide, it's the one I used: Morrowind Expanded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yeah, that's the guide I used (except step 10 and some of 11 because it changes too much). Unfortunately, no mods that I know of change the combat. Morrowind starts of a bit slower than oblivion, but when it gets going, you can really get into it.

Monotype wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the guide I used (except step 10 and some of 11 because it changes too much). Unfortunately, no mods that I know of change the combat. Morrowind starts of a bit slower than oblivion, but when it gets going, you can really get into it.

Yeah, I left step 10 out because I didn't want those new lands and some of 11 out , as my laptop is not very powerful.

I don't know of any combat mods either.

Morrowind starts off a bit harder and is more overwhelming than Oblivion, at least that's what I gathered after playing both for the first time, a year or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mhairt

Where can I legally download bloodmoon and tribunal. I picked up the game today in extravision but would like to have the expansions packs before I start

mhairt wrote: »
    Where can I legally download bloodmoon and tribunal. I picked up the game today in extravision but would like to have the expansions packs before I start

You can buy them on Amazon.co.uk, or just buy the GOTY version on STEAM (not recommended, difficult to mod and most mods don't work well with STEAM version.)

I would recommend buying the expansions after you play a bit, Bloodmoon is best suited to around lvl20-30 and the Tribunal Assassin's are a bit powerful against new players.

• Advertisement

mhairt wrote: »

Buying from this seller: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000WZQDE/ref=pd_luc_mri?ie=UTF8&m=AYPLUUI4TDDK8
    ... is £7.74 delivered.

That's cheaper than most places, including steam (not recommended as above). You can start the game and play away while you're waiting for delivery, and add them later. You can't even avail of the tribunal expansion below level 6 (apart from some armour).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

better bodies is a good mod, then there's other great ones that add whole other land masses and such. Plenty around as well which offer improved textures and smoother graphics woo

It's an amazing game!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mhairt

Thanks for that have just ordered from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Use this guide, it's the one I used: Morrowind Expanded

Do you need a very good computer to run morrowind with these graphics well?

Would a dell computer with
    amd athloin X2 5600+
    4Gb ram
    raedon hd4670 run it:?

domrush wrote: »

IDK, I have all but Distant lands and ground textures installed from that guide and it runs on a GMA950 (albeit with FPS optimizer, can't live without that).

• Advertisement

oh should be okay so thanks for quick reply

domrush wrote: »

Would a dell computer with
    amd athloin X2 5600+
    4Gb ram
    raedon hd4670 run it:?

You should have no problem. The graphics are a big improvement, but not even close to be restricted by your computer.

Wow, I started for the second time recently, up to the part where you have to go to the Urshilaku camp.
    I forgot how broken Alchemy was, just raise alchemy ten levels (nine if it's major or minor) sell the potions you made, purchase ten levels of any training that's not intelligence, purchase ten more levels of a different attribute, (then go up one more level in alchemy if it's a major or minor )then level up.

So easy to level up efficiently using that. It's especially helpful when you are under the Atronach sign and need high intelligence to last long without a restore magicka potion.

Wow, I started for the second time recently, up to the part where you have to go to the Urshilaku camp.
    I forgot how broken Alchemy was, just raise alchemy ten levels (nine if it's major or minor) sell the potions you made, purchase ten levels of any training that's not intelligence, purchase ten more levels of a different attribute, (then go up one more level in alchemy if it's a major or minor )then level up.

So easy to level up efficiently using that. It's especially helpful when you are under the Atronach sign and need high intelligence to last long without a restore magicka potion.

I like using alchemy, but I don't think I've exploited it like that. When I'm desperate for money, I sometimes start mixing any rubbish I find around and sell restore fatigue. But most of the time I actually use the potions. A lot of people don't seem to like using it and just buy the potions (from what I've seen on forums and videos in the past). Even in oblivion.
    If it wasn't for the feather and fortify strength potions, how else would I carry all those ingredients around that I need for making potions?!

I like using alchemy, but I don't think I've exploited it like that. When I'm desperate for money, I sometimes start mixing any rubbish I find around and sell restore fatigue. But most of the time I actually use the potions. A lot of people don't seem to like using it and just buy the potions (from what I've seen on forums and videos in the past). Even in oblivion.
    If it wasn't for the feather and fortify strength potions, how else would I carry all those ingredients around that I need for making potions?!

I exploit it so I can level faster and become a werewolf sooner :P

Currently level 10, 15 more levels until I feel I am ready for Solstheim.

Currently level 10, 15 more levels until I feel I am ready for Solstheim.

So that's about 10 minutes, right?:rolleyes:

So that's about 10 minutes, right?:rolleyes:

:)

Nah, more like the whole day, once Alchemy hits level 100, it can only be used to make money and not to get extra skill points.

gettin my copy tommorrow
    can't wait :D

Just made 40K out of alchemy in ten minutes, damn I love alchemy.

• Advertisement

Just made 40K out of alchemy in ten minutes, damn I love alchemy.

You should go on an adventure to earn your money. E.g., to acquire all that equipment just lying around in the vaults in Vivec, just waiting to be stolen!

You should go on an adventure to earn your money. E.g., to acquire all that equipment just lying around in the vaults in Vivec, just waiting to be stolen!

I'm trying to steal as little as possible :P

Anyway, I need to make more potions and sell them for more money, a full set of Glass armour costs quite a lot.

I modded the hell out of this on my new computer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_bXmxKmoB8

If anyone wants, I can upload another, better video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Iriquois Pliskin

I always thought this game felt slightly more authentic and real than Oblivion did. The fast travel function they introduced in Oblivion was a godsend initially, but when you actually have to make the treks in Morrowind it makes it feel authentic and you really have to prepare and stock up before going anywhere.

Sounds extremely nerdy, but still, relevant point I feel :) anyone else agree?

I always thought this game felt slightly more authentic and real than Oblivion did. The fast travel function they introduced in Oblivion was a godsend initially, but when you actually have to make the treks in Morrowind it makes it feel authentic and you really have to prepare and stock up before going anywhere.

Sounds extremely nerdy, but still, relevant point I feel :) anyone else agree?
    I agree :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Yea fast travel just felt like cheating after awhile. What was worse is they added fast travel and also added horses so you could move around faster at the onset of the game :rolleyes: seems a little counter-intuitive.

Advertisement