Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its that time again. . . UPDATE TIME!

Options
  • 05-06-2010 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

This is definately the best timing for my update to come. There seems to be a lot of good phones to choose from!

How I see it, the two big phones at the moment are the xperia and the Desire, and then the legend and hero for a cheaper options.

So anyway, whats peoples thoughts on choosing between the xperia and the Desire?

OR

Do we think they aren't worth the money? and to go for a cheaper option?

Anyway! If anyone could shed some light for me I'd be grateful!

EDIT. Also, whats meteor like for mobile internet. Although I've been with meteor for years, its a service I never really took advantage of

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

This is definately the best timing for my update to come. There seems to be a lot of good phones to choose from!

How I see it, the two big phones at the moment are the xperia and the Desire, and then the legend and hero for a cheaper options.

So anyway, whats peoples thoughts on choosing between the xperia and the Desire?

OR

Do we think they aren't worth the money? and to go for a cheaper option?

Anyway! If anyone could shed some light for me I'd be grateful!

EDIT. Also, whats meteor like for mobile internet. Although I've been with meteor for years, its a service I never really took advantage of

Xperia and desire, both have there own advan and disad

Xperia have bigger screen which is 4 in, cool design, it looks very nice in ur hand, hardware is also very powerful as its packed with 1 gig proc, 384 mb ram the disadvan are and the biggest is the hardware lacks the multitouch feature which is now a days necessary for daily purpose, and the its having Android 1.6 which is a bit old now as 2.2 is making it way in the market. Sony Ericsson is a bit slow when it comes to provide updates.

HTC desire is u can say twin brother of Nexus one (Google phone) also powered with 1 gig proc, a bit more ram than xperia which is 512mb, smaller screen than xperia 3.7 in, i was checking the multi touch review of nexus one and desire, its having some problems ,

But for normal user this problem is not a big deal,

Both phones r brilliant, it all depends on u, wat u like, they have almost the same specs.
    if u wana check comparison of specs u can check it out at

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2964&idPhone2=3077

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Masker, Would there be any other phones you would consider getting before these two?

Also are the xperia and desire worth the extra cost compared to the legend etc.

it all depends on u, how u use ur phone and for wat purposes, as u know 2.2 is on its way and its coming with full flash 10.1, u will get destop experience on ur phone, flash need a bit power to run, everybody knows how slow flash can make a full heavy spec PC , these r only mobiles, so if u want fully flash powered set, which everybody wants so u should go for desire or xperia, htc r very quick at providing updates, at the moment desire is having 2.1 and xperia is having 1.6.

there is a new heavywieght in the market samsung galaxy s i9000, which is having the same spec as desire but little more new things like Super AMOLED and 4 in screen.

if u r a normal user, dont care about flash , big screen or more power then legend is ok or u can go for htc hero as well with even less price

Desire vs i9000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

One last question buddy, You mentioned that xperia is only on 1.6 where as teh desire is on 2.1. Would I be right in assuming that in the future HTC will be updating android etc a lot more frequently than sony will?

One last question buddy, You mentioned that xperia is only on 1.6 where as teh desire is on 2.1. Would I be right in assuming that in the future HTC will be updating android etc a lot more frequently than sony will?

xperia is the first android set by SE in the market. they took lot of time to launch this set and they have no big surprises coming or anything leaked, on the other hand each day a new pic or new model or new video is coming out of htc sources. HTC is the most flourishing mobile company in mobile market at the moment, whereas SE is going down.

I m giving u my opinion and as for-casted by the mobile world gurus on different forums. Choice should be urs. u should buy the stuff which ur heart likes :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement