Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live traps?

• 05-06-2010 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

For mice/rats

We have some unwelcome visitors, the cat has caught a few I think they are small brown rats while my dad is adamant that they are mice. The tails aren't bald but very thin on hair.

I'm just back from the kitchen, when I went in and turned on the light I heard some very loud scuttling as the f*cker ran away. I held back as I had one of the intruders jump at me a few weeks back. We do have traps but they are not working too well.

Are there live traps that I can bait? The rodent this time went after the 5 seed crackers, before this it was either the dried catfood or the seed bread bake it yourself mix.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Dr. Evil,
    I've had this problem big time in a new build, just prior to sealing it up. They were bloody everywhere. Didn't tell wife how bad though, brave not stupid....:D

You'll know if its rats or mice. Just look at the droppings that are left around the place. Small=mouse, BIG=Rats

I googled a lot for the best ways to rid of them. Live baits are not recommended by the pros as you still have to get rid of them. Snap Traps are by far the best route to go.

Tried the cheap ones first, naturally. Yip, you get what you pay for. Spend money (c.€10/trap) and baste it in...... PEANUT BUTTER.
    The little feckers love the stuff. They do get used to these though after a while. Best to leave the trap unset for a night or two, let them get used to the trap. Clever feckers them rats:eek: Then, on the third night, SLAP BANG BOOGIE....:)

Got rid of them from the house but they moved into the shed out back now. They are even used to me at this stage, but I will get them all.

Advertisement