Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farrenkelly Road closed

Options
  • 05-06-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

I've just passed an incident on the Farrenkelly Road. The road outbound to the N11 is closed and lots of police around. Not sure what happened, I hope it's nothing serious :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Unfortunately someone was murdered up there last night. The Garda were towing some cars from C'land Court last night. Something about 2 people fitting the description were seen trying to break into the cars and they need to get finger prints.

Here's the news story.

Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Fitting the description of what? Did you talk to the Gards?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Forensic tent is up there now with road cordened off so I wouldn't imagine it was a 'natural causes' death. Also it's nine hours later so it's certainly a crime scene.

Busy night out here with the bad motorcyclist accident at 10pm-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

A cab driver turned up i'd never seen last night at the rank in Greystones. Apparently his son had found the poor man who'd been beaten very badly. It was just up the N11 slip road opposite Eden Gate. He said something about a driver seeing the beating and when he stopped someone ran off. I passed by about 20 mins before and saw nobody along the road.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    A cab driver turned up i'd never seen last night at the rank in Greystones. Apparently his son had found the poor man who'd been beaten very badly. It was just up the N11 slip road opposite Eden Gate. He said something about a driver seeing the beating and when he stopped someone ran off. I passed by about 20 mins before and saw nobody along the road.

You're more up to date than RTE news - I wonder if they check Boards for leads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Yeah, I was talking to the Garda. They woke me at one o clock to say that one of the cars in question was my girlfriends.

They said that an off duty police officer saw 2 guys trying their luck with some of the cars. I don't think they were trying very hard or anything, because there were no broken windows. Garda seemed very confident that there was a very good print on our car so he asked if they could tow it away. You have to let them for something like this.

Also, once I went back to bed they were still outside my window. I could have swore I heard one of their radios saying that they had picked up someone acting "very suspicious". Could have been a dream though.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Yeah, I was talking to the Garda. They woke me at one o clock to say that one of the cars in question was my girlfriends.

They said that an off duty police officer saw 2 guys trying their luck with some of the cars. I don't think they were trying very hard or anything, because there were no broken windows. Garda seemed very confident that there was a very good print on our car so he asked if they could tow it away. You have to let them for something like this.

Also, once I went back to bed they were still outside my window. I could have swore I heard one of their radios saying that they had picked up someone acting "very suspicious". Could have been a dream though.

Wow, thanks for sharing the story. Yes, like you said, if the Gardai want to tow your car, you don't exactly say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

Myself and hubby walking home lastnight, about 11.55 and we saw the fella on the ground dead, alot of cars parked up beside him, gardai were there too. Absolutely awful

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I drove passed at about 01.30 and noticed a white cover on the path on the other side of the road. I thought the crime tape was across the whole road, so I slammed on the brakes on approach. There were no cars on my side of the road, but I wasn't sure if the white cover was that of a dead body, so I prevented myself to think the worst, and of course it was. Very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bambio

i have just come in off dual carriage way into Eden Gate, and still guards, white tent and hearse there now too. its sad to think that someone lay dying/dead outside our homes when we were in bed, whatever happened he is some mothers son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

this is obviously a murder inquiry so I'm locking this thread as it full of speculation and rumour I've deleted a number of posts).

also - Tom Flagstiff banned for trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement